Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday entitlement

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Working part-time(8-9 hours a week, sometimes could be only 4-6). I have 25 hours holidays,which will be payed to me in one go. but found out I can only take a week off.Is it right? I thought i am untitled for 3 weeks off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

As a part time worker you are entitled to your holidays of 8% of hours worked, not to exceed four weeks off. So in a year you are entitled to four weeks odd, but your holiday pay is 8% of worked hours. If your employer uestions this, you can print it off from the nera website to show to your employer. If they still refuse to comply you can make a complaint with Nera. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭katerina621

response wrote: »
    As a part time worker you are entitled to your holidays of 8% of hours worked, not to exceed four weeks off. So in a year you are entitled to four weeks odd, but your holiday pay is 8% of worked hours. If your employer uestions this, you can print it off from the nera website to show to your employer. If they still refuse to comply you can make a complaint with Nera. Good luck

Yes,i calculated.and it is right I have 25 hours payed holidays.But i don't agree with only one week holidays they allow me to take. I work 3 days a week, approx 3 hours a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You should have 4 weeks off and get paid for aprox. 9 hrs each week, this is the usual wa it is done. I know an employer cant ask you not to take holidays and pay you instead but I dont know if they can force you to only take 1 week off.

Have a look here and see if you can intemperate it differently.

http://www.employmentrights.ie/en/media/Workingtimeact.pdf

Advertisement