Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hex key

Options
  • 11-11-2011 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Some help needed. Can't get hex key to fit scope mount. It's a dovetail for a 8x56 s& b. any ideas

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

• Is it the screw for the dovetail rail for the receiver?
    • Is it spline or hex head? (might not be using the correct terms so is it hex or Torx head?)
    • What make of rail is it?
    Do not force it because if you round the head you will have your heart broke getting a replacement.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jingojonson

It's the hex that attaches scope rings to receiver cz 550. Also same size I think for scope rings. I bought rifle with scope attached so haven't been able to take scope off . Tried new set of imperial today and metric . Think it's smaller than 3mm but bigger than 2.5 ??
    Ezridax wrote: »
    • Is it the screw for the dovetail rail for the receiver?
    • Is it spline or hex head? (might not be using the correct terms so is it hex or Torx head?)
    • What make of rail is it?
    Do not force it because if you round the head you will have your heart broke getting a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

It must be a 3/32th.

But when something is that small it is hard to tell if it is a hex head or a star head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If it these rings;

opplanet-warne-medium-scope-rings-w-matte-finish-41651.gif

Then its most likely the T-10 hex head. If not the T-15 will do it. If i have the wrong idea as to the screws you're talking about maybe you could post or link to a picture, even on google, of exactly what screws you are talking about.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks I'll check out suggestions

• Advertisement

Hi there

I finally got it - its a 7/64 imperial allen key. Reminds me of the hassle i had getting a key to fit ruger 10/22 magazine - its 3.5 when almost all sets skip that one. Why do they use such stupid sizes? Should stick to mainstream

thanks again for input

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi there

I finally got it - its a 7/64 imperial allen key. Reminds me of the hassle i had getting a key to fit ruger 10/22 magazine - its 3.5 when almost all sets skip that one. Why do they use such stupid sizes? Should stick to mainstream

thanks again for input
    Telling a tank to go Metric?

Are ya mad, just buy a set and be done with it

Advertisement