Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Brennan Memorial 5k New Year's Day Road Race

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RRSC

Provisional results (category winners and teams) are on the Liffey Valley AC website at http://www.liffeyvalleyac.com/race/Tom-Brennan-Memorial-5k/219/ along with some short video clips. Full results will be posted on the website as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

3 stars (average)
    I enjoyed the race. The wind was favourable - only a head wind for a portion of the Furze Road stretch.

I finished in 19m10s - very happy with that considering I didn't do much training and a brutal night's sleep the night before (no alcohol to blame though).

I surprised myself as I passed about 7 or 8 people on the 2nd lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Didn't run this year but was there to watch, it has to be said that someone should shoot the steward who left a car down Ordnance Rd after the gun had gone off, I didn't see when the car met the lead Garda bike but it looked like it was going to be somewhere around the first bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

4 stars (good)
    Great race from Liffey valley, always a decent standard to test yourself against. One minor quibble though, the feckin' corners kill me every time. I'm terrible at taking them and every corner we hit I'd lose a yard on the lad I was racing and have to kill myself to make it back up. Any chance of changing the course, just for me?
    Cheers.

Results are now updated on LVAC website at http://www.liffeyvalleyac.com/race/Tom-Brennan-Memorial-5k/219/

@tunguska the course is likely to stay - you'll have to work on your cornering :)

Thanks again to all who supported the race and for the feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

3 stars (average)
    RRSC wrote: »
    Results are now updated on LVAC website at http://www.liffeyvalleyac.com/race/Tom-Brennan-Memorial-5k/219/.
    The updated results don't seem to have a sheet listing all finishers, an earlier copy did.

Would it be possible to add the "All Finishers" sheet again please? I am always interested in my overall finishing position (I see my M40 group position) and how many finishers there were.

daymobrew wrote: »
    The updated results don't seem to have a sheet listing all finishers, an earlier copy did.

Would it be possible to add the "All Finishers" sheet again please?

@daymobrew Look like an M45 filter was inadvertently left in on the Individuals worksheet (extreme lefthand side). Will be sorted asap and full list of finishers should show up there then.

Advertisement