Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which BB will I go for

• 11-11-2011 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Just looking for feedback on peoples personal experience with what BB package there using.
    I live in a house with basic eircom 3mb and with a pc and a laptop and two iPhones running it makes using the ps3 impossible to stay connected for online game needs.
    Am looking into going with 3g.. they have a package of 60mb for 30 a month... id only be using my laptop and ps3 and seems more than enough but befor commiting to anything i thought id see what you guys are using and who you recommend

thanks AL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

dumbbell wrote: »
    Hey Folks,

Just looking for feedback on peoples personal experience with what BB package there using.
    I live in a house with basic eircom 3mb and with a pc and a laptop and two iPhones running it makes using the ps3 impossible to stay connected for online game needs.
    Am looking into going with 3g.. they have a package of 60mb for 30 a month... id only be using my laptop and ps3 and seems more than enough but befor commiting to anything i thought id see what you guys are using and who you recommend

thanks AL

If you think your eircom line is bad you should see how crap a 3G connection is especially for gaming...seriously the idea of swapping a fixed line for 3G is silly in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

bealtine wrote: »
    If you think your eircom line is bad you should see how crap a 3G connection is especially for gaming...seriously the idea of swapping a fixed line for 3G is silly in the extreme.
    its a plug and play moden though ...
    http://shop.three.ie/catalogue/products/view/huawei-b260a-white/50979/T010122

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

mobile broadband has very high ping. Low ping is probably the most important attribute in gaming

settings wrote: »
    mobile broadband has very high ping. Low ping is probably the most important attribute in gaming
    whats ping. =(

so would upc 25mb be up for the job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

If you are in an area that you can get upc broadband you won't beat them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Pandiani wrote: »
    If you are in an area that you can get upc broadband you won't beat them

I second that! You'll pay roughly the same for UPC as you would for mobile and the download allowance
    is 500Gbs these days as opposed to 30 or 40 for mobile.

Mobile systems cannot control contention (number of users that are using the system at any one time) so
    suddenly too many people are using the system and your "speed" goes to hell at random times.
    Add to that the high ping (the time it takes for some information to reach it's destination) and your
    gaming experience on 3G will be awful...

thanks for the feedback guys nice one!

Advertisement