Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New BVD eradication Tagger

• 12-11-2011 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi there,

was just wondering whether anyone knows if a seperate tagger needs to be purchased for the new BVD eradication tag scheme or will my current, regular tagger suffice in collecting tissue samples?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

I saw a vet using a new version of the tagger for taking samples. Looks like a new one has to be purchased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Craggy Island

I was at the AHI "roadshow":confused:( I was expecting something like 'toys for big boys or something') the other night. Turns out it was just a meeting:

( It seems the tagger is needed to punch the sample. I think from seeing a short clip of it being used that it has a different type of parallel arms for the closing jaws. Costs about €25.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

AFAIK you buy a new tagger, this weeks farming indo had an ad on the back page, Have a look at mullinahone website.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

WexTK wrote: »
    Hi there,

was just wondering whether anyone knows if a seperate tagger needs to be purchased for the new BVD eradication tag scheme or will my current, regular tagger suffice in collecting tissue samples?

Thanks

Yes is the answer.

Although the new tagger can also be used for the current tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

LivInt20 wrote: »
    Yes is the answer.

Although the new tagger can also be used for the current tags.

http://www.mullinahonecoop.ie/bvd.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement