Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce international - language choice

Options
  • 12-11-2011 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys :)
    im in first year and need a bit of help -I'm doing commerce international with french and chinese and I have to choose what language to keep on this thursday,and i have no idea which one..I'm finding french difficult enough already but realise chinese will get much harder.
    Anyone do either of these languages with commerce or else have any advice?
    Much appreciated:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I don't do either language (or commerce actually :P) but have friends who do both and I'll say this. There's a good chance you'll achieve fluency in French with enough work and effot, becoming fluent (as in you could live in a Chinese city on your own) in Mandarin is very, very, very, very, very difficult for an English speaker. For business, Mandarin is definately the better language to learn but learning it to the standard needed for conducting business meetings seems very hard indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

I'm in stage 3 of Commerce with Chinese at the minute on my year abroad in China, I've PM'd you my email if you wanna shoot me any questions you might have. I'll ship you a decent account of what I make of it too if you want.

Advertisement