Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you get in the front or back of a Taxi?

• 12-11-2011 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Do you usually get in the front or back of a taxi?

I dont feel comfortable in the front so I always sit in the back, I notice that most people that sit in the front are men!

So do you usually sit in the front or back?

Do you usually sit in the front or back of a taxi 214 votes

I sit in the front if I am by myself.
    0%
    I sit in the front when Im with someone one or by myself
    51%
    tony 2 toneCreatureSwampyLia_liaLister1strobeSparkodavetheravePaulKKSobysdanseotolosencjcrowbartenchi-fanhumbert**Timbuk2**cgordonfreemanJelloEGARbig_show 111 votes
    I sometimes sit in the front when by myself
    20%
    nlgbbbblthLia_liaseanybikersmokingmanLister1tenchi-fan**Timbuk2**Jesus Weptphasersjefreywithonefzero19ThrillVainFunglegunkSpook_ieLittleGarrycallaway92KersmashCian92Dunny 44 votes
    I sometimes sit in the front when Im with someone
    12%
    rubadubNailz**Timbuk2**phasers[Deleted User]highlydebasedpsycho-hopeTiGeR KiNgSAmzieeVeNtInETwee.[Deleted User]SteodonnR.D. aka MR.DRedlionWashington IrvingdaysleeperKnex*Generic_name01elcapitan 26 votes
    I never sit in the front
    15%
    D-GenerateSte.phenCalidenseanybikerNailzSobysdanseo**Timbuk2**dotsmanphasers[Deleted User]ErnieBertAnonoBoywandatowellAmiraniCrazyChick18emilyjmc[Deleted User]drkpowerRedlion 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I never sit in the front
    I feel comfortable in the front so I always sit in the back

wut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I like to tie myself to the roof rack.

You get a better view that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Rarely in the font usually in the back whether on my own or with friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭Pandiani

The front if I'm on my own, the back if I have company

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

The rare time I am on my own I usually sit in the front.
    Never when I am with someone. If there too many for us all to sit in the back I am never the one to sit infront just the way it happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

In the back behind the driver - that way when he pulls up at the fake address you gave him, you can choke the prick with his seatbelt and rob all his country and western cd's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

In the front.

But then again, I'm a taxi driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

When you get put in the boot, then you have a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I sit in the front on the way out for a night out and in the back when I'm coming home loaded :D

I always sit in the back if I'm with people, always sit in the front if I'm on my own. I quite like to chat to the driver.

A lot of girls I know say this is a no-no, and that I should sit in the back because it's "safer". Which is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

I always sit it the front if Im on my own... Or if Im with a few friends and theres no room in the back. Dont think its any more or less safe that way, I like an aul chat =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

I dont like taxi drivers, they moan too much. I always sit in the back so I dont have to listen to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

doovdela wrote: »
    Rarely in the font usually in the back whether on my own or with friends.

Have u had a few tonight doo...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I get in the back like a bonafide Hollywood moviestar. I find blokes who get in the front usually have some sort of inferiority complex, like they have to "compete" with the driver etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Few drinks on me I'll get in the front for the chat and a bit of banter. Otherwise the back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I get in the boot

Steodonn wrote: »
    The rare time I am on my own

Your so precious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

If dropping off, the front, if trying to cop off, the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I dont like taxi drivers, they moan too much. I always sit in the back so I dont have to listen to them.

Only really happens with Dublin taxi drivers. They are the most whinging race of people on the face of the earth.. it's as if there's a factory in Dublin that clones Joe Duffy, teaches them how to drive, then gives them a licence to taxi people around the streets of the capital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I always sit in the front. Even when I'm with a group of people. I'm usually the most sober out of the lot and feel bad for the taxi driver having to listen to a load of drunk people. :/ You do sometimes end up paying most of the fare if you sit in the front which is a pain...

I don't understand why you would be scared to sit in the front...there are surely scarier things out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Only really happens with Dublin taxi drivers. They are the most whinging race of people on the face of the earth.. it's as if there's a factory in Dublin that clones Joe Duffy, teaches them how to drive, then gives them a licence to taxi people around the streets of the capital.

Yeah out of dublin taxi drivers are so cosmopolitan and on the days off they visit art galleries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Sitting in the back makes you an ignorant c.unt.
    Unless obviously you are getting a taxi with another person. You would sit with the other person.

I've heard alot of people say they rather sit in the back when alone. Which just screams of ignorance. Taxi chat is all bollocks anyways. Its just being civil with someone ... and this is coming from a person who thinks they are all a bunch of ripping off gits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Never really thought about it, just whichever door happens to be the nearest :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Funny when you go to get in the front and the poor driver has to chuck all the stuff on the front passenger seat into the back somewhere to be sorted out later. Mwaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

You're paying for the taxi, sit wherever the **** you want.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I'm usually the most sober out of the lot

EVERYONE wants to talk to you after the Xmas party yeah????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I never sit in front. I dont want to make conversation with the driver. I am paying for his service please just bring me home and dont chat about the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Sitting in the back makes you an ignorant c.unt.

A lot of ignorant around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Usually the front and sometimes I say this

Are-you-busy-what-time-are-you-on-til? Really fast.

That's two questions and I get a secret thrill if they only pick up one and answer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

i sit on the roof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I always sit in the front. Even when I'm with a group of people. I'm usually the most sober out of the lot and feel bad for the taxi driver having to listen to a load of drunk people. :/ You do sometimes end up paying most of the fare if you sit in the front which is a pain...

I don't understand why you would be scared to sit in the front...there are surely scarier things out there!

There are loads of ways to get out of paying if you're in the front.

1. tell the taxi driver to stop abruptly go the lads have me covered and bolt before the people in the back know what's happening.

2. Before the taxi stops ask him the fare will be roughly and then ask the people in the back for x each, their fares together should equal the total cost.

3. Pay for the taxi yourself and say you will get the money back off them inside, reclaim drinks over the course of the night far in excess of the value of the taxi.

These all work better if the people in the back are drunker than you, and even better if you are passengers in a minibus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭crash davis

mackg wrote: »
    There are loads of ways to get out of paying if you're in the front.

1. tell the taxi driver to stop abruptly go the lads have me covered and bolt before the people in the back know what's happening.

2. Before the taxi stops ask him the fare will be roughly and then ask the people in the back for x each, their fares together should equal the total cost.

3. Pay for the taxi yourself and say you will get the money back off them inside, reclaim drinks over the course of the night far in excess of the value of the taxi.

These all work better if the people in the back are drunker than you, and even better if you are passengers in a minibus.

How many friends do you have left or have they all found you out?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

How many friends do you have left or have they all found you out?;)

We're fellas this is the kind of thing we do. I've been burned myself...repeatedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭crash davis

We're fellas this is the kind of thing we do. I've been burned myself...repeatedly.

That's why I don't do the minibus thing. Messy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I'm as tight as a ducks arse, this is the kind of thing we do.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

After listening to a mother ,on moaning Joe's show ,telling how her son was badly beaten and dumped at the side of the road (allegedly by a Taxi driver) I dont think I will sit in the front seat of a taxi ever again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The front I like to natter to the Taxi man, and on the way home shorten his life by a drunken natter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I never sit in the front unless I get lumbered with it when the taxi is full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

When I'm on my own I feel it's polite to sit in the front.When I'm with my mates, we shout "Bagsie not shotgun!" before we get in, and whoever shouts it last has to sit beside the driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Dotrel wrote: »
    I get in the back like a bonafide Hollywood moviestar. I find blokes who get in the front usually have some sort of inferiority complex, like they have to "compete" with the driver etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I head straight for the front seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I like to sit in the front and talk to the taxi driver so I can pretend I have a black friend. Being from the country using public transport is quite an event for me, I usually dress up in a suit and bring a gift for the driver too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I never sit in the front
    I sit behind the wheel :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

the back(easier to do a legger ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

If i'm in the mood for a chat i'll sit in the front, if i'm not feel talky i'll sit in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I generally have a quick look in the back to make sure there isn't a murderer there and if there isn't I'll get in the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I always get in the back. Im in there to be driven to where I want to go, not to be the taximan's pretend friend, and make bull**** small talk for 20 minutes
    as the driver tries to sweeten you up to give him a tip!! I never tip either, by the way - got screwed enough during the taxi strikes, one time with 2 screaming kids at the airport at 2am on a monday morning and a taxi strike on. I promised at that time I would never engage with a taxi man again!!

When I get the local firm taxis from train station to boyfriend's house, especially when I was living here too, I always sat in the front, I knew a lot of the drivers after a while anyway.

When I get a taxi in the city (usually from the city centre to my flat) I always sit in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Front. The back is useless for shoving my cleavage in his face for a reduced fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I sit on the driver's lap , thats the way I roll.:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement