Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you get in the front or back of a Taxi?

2»

Comments

I sit in the front when Im with someone one or by myself
    Dudess wrote: »
    Front. The back is useless for shoving my cleavage in his face for a reduced fare.

Wow. I've been going way too far for my reduced fare....

Then again it's nice to get a chance to put my head down after a long niight drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I always sit in the front if I'm on my own. Would feel weird to sit in the back if I wasn't with other people

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

I'd sit in the front being a bloke, ( you did not say if you ate male or female)
    No body gets sick in front so much cleaner and happier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I sometimes sit in the front when by myself
    I sit in the front on the rare occasion i need a taxi. They charge way too much for the service the punter gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I like it both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

I like to tie myself to the roof rack.

You get a better view that way.

Responses like this make you realise you are in the After-Hours forum. LOL.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

I'll sit anywhere, just so long as the Taxi driver shuts the fúck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

always get in the back, don't want to be intruding on the drivers personal space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

280special wrote: »
    After listening to a mother ,on moaning Joe's show ,telling how her son was badly beaten and dumped at the side of the road (allegedly by a Taxi driver) I dont think I will sit in the front seat of a taxi ever again !

Ah but sure you could be walking across the road and get badly beaten up. Life is too short to avoid these kinda things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I always sit in the front. I guess I just figured it would be completely rude to sit in the back and ignore the driver, I didn't realise people actually did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I never use a taxi - I prefer to walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dudess wrote: »
    Front. The back is useless for shoving my cleavage in his face for a reduced fare.

pics or gtfo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Always in the back. Even if I'm on my own. It makes me feel important if I sit in the back and someone's driving me round :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I never sit in the front
    In the front if I'm on my own, in the back if I'm with people. I'd feel rude getting into the back on my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Aoifey! wrote: »
    In the front if I'm on my own, in the back if I'm with people. I'd feel rude getting into the back on my own.

I always wonder, do most drivers actually mind one way or the other? The few I know have no issue with people sitting in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i allways sit in the front slide down my track bottoms and let the driver tickle my cock and play with it for ages ahhhhhh o yeaaaaaaaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Do you usually get in the front or back of a taxi ?

Both, I like to switch during the trip.

Keeps the taxi driver guessing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I never sit in the front
    doovdela wrote: »
    Rarely in the font usually in the back whether on my own or with friends.

Probably just as well, I doubt being baptised in a taxi is the easiest thing in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Back of taxi, iPod on, in my own world gathering my thoughts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Kickin' in the front seat
    sittin' in the back seat
    gotta make my mind up
    which seat can i take...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Sooopie wrote: »
    always get in the back, don't want to be intruding on the drivers personal space

Your not supposed to sit on the drivers knee - there should be passenger seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I always sit in the back if I'm on my own. A taxi driver told me once that he preferred that women on their own didnt sit in the front. I think he believed it protected him somewhat from women accusing him of groping them and to be honest I prefer to have that bit of physical distance too.

I usually chat away anyway, I dont know why people seem to think you cant chat if you're in the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

The back, all the time.

Unless it's that aul fella, the singing taximan, great craic altogether. Think he's based around D7/ D15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever met an honest taxi driver that said.. "Yes, business is quite good actually."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Ah but sure you could be walking across the road and get badly beaten up. Life is too short to avoid these kinda things!

Aye but they usually dont turn around and ask to be paid for the privilage of beating the crap out of you.:D

Anyone else hear that item or hear did anything happen since then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I usually sit in the front, once I sat in the back got a taxi from town at about 11,
    Just put stuff in the trunk so I got in the back
    and the taxi drive says "Why are you sitting in the back??"
    I would have got out of the taxi if I didn't have stuff in the trunk.

I don't feel self conscious about where I sit but the awkward silences oh my god aren't they awkward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If im with someone ill be in the back, if not ill hop up front and chat to the driver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭thomasj

My friends sister can be a bit "stuck up" when she wants to be!

One night, when heading home from town, she got a taxi with her friends.she sat in the back with them and joked with them.

She made no interaction with the taxi driver. When her friends got out she said "take me to x please driver" and took out her phone and start texting away, no interaction for the rest of the journey between the two.

It was only when she went to pay the fair that she realised her uncle was driving the taxi! She was embarrassed to say the least. Her uncle still let her off with the fair though. I wouldn't have!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

bdeithrick wrote: »
    I'd sit in the front being a bloke, ( you did not say if you ate male or female)

Why Discriminate? I eat men and women

Advertisement