Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy trees in Quantity?

Options
  • 12-11-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

As Coillte have decide not to provide trees to anyone any more can anyone recommend where it is possible to buy about 100 trees of a few varieties( Scots pine, Hazel, Alder and Birch Downy ) and not get ripped off.

http://www.coilltenurseries.ie/ used to have very cheap prices but they don't seem interested in getting people to plant trees any more for some reason.
    coillte used to supply at less than a euro each in quantity, your typical gardencenter or supplier is looking for €15+ each.

Does anyone know of anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Hi bob, some good garden centres will now have bare root trees on sale , well my local one does anyway. got some on wednesday, they had a good selection too.

also you can get some by post too from places such as Future Forests in Cork
    http://www.futureforests.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I have mentioned these guys based in Roscommon before - www.hedges.ie. I have no connection with them other than being a happy customer. They grow and sell barerooted bushes and hedges, not sure about trees. But maybe worth checking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I would second future forests for quality.

Do you maybe want to let us know where you are based as someone might know a local place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Caracol

I would go with Future forests too. They are very good both in terms of quality and value, especially if you get bareroot trees.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

What county/province are you in..I know a few nurseries locally I could recommend.

This time of year nurseries sell bare root trees anything from a few to bulk amounts the more you buy the bigger the discount. The commercial garden centres that sell trees in pots are v v expensive, for trees and hedging....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

SAP,Peter O'Brien or Tulleys Nurseries well wholesale and to the public too.

Advertisement