Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGeady is class - discuss

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think you are all deluded. He is our most creative player. Shame most don't realise it:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dempsey wrote: »
    OP says something stupid so you decide to match him?

Match him? I'm not quite sure what you mean? Have any of my points been stupid? Care to point out what i've said in this thread has been unreasonable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Explain the point for everyone so
    The point is that he has yet to realise the immense talent that he has. I genuinely think that playing the lone ranger job at Celtic all those years held him back even though I enjoyed watching him during that time. When he broke through I would have put him in the top 10 young players in Europe, he had the potential to be world class and while he is still a very very good player imo he hasn't improved nearly as much as I thought he would have by this stage.

I'm still a big fan though and always enjoy watching him play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

darkman2 wrote: »
    I think you are all deluded. He is our most creative player. Shame most don't realise it:mad:

since when does being irelands most creative player automatically make someone class?

is estonias most creative player class too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Match him? I'm not quite sure what you mean? Have any of my points been stupid? Care to point out what i've said in this thread has been unreasonable?

You have been quick to attribute responsibility to anyone else for things that McGeady should get credit for.

You have been a critic everyday of the week, easily done with any player

Helix wrote: »

is estonias most creative player class too?

I am saying McGeady is class. The idiots on here can say he plays in a crap league whatever. He plays in an intimidating Russian league and does well and all the Irish do is knock him down. He does well. He will be at a big club after the summer. Mark my words.

Liam O wrote: »
    The point is that he has yet to realise the immense talent that he has. I genuinely think that playing the lone ranger job at Celtic all those years held him back even though I enjoyed watching him during that time. When he broke through I would have put him in the top 10 young players in Europe, he had the potential to be world class and while he is still a very very good player imo he hasn't improved nearly as much as I thought he would have by this stage.

You dont have a clue of the player tbh and I've been his biggest critic

You have been quick to attribute responsibility to anyone else for things that McGeady should get credit for.

Really? Where have I done this?
    You have been a critic everyday of the week, easily done with any player

This thread is only a few hours old.

I am saying McGeady is class. The idiots on here can say he plays in a crap league whatever. He plays in an intimidating Russian league and does well and all the Irish do is knock him down. He does well. He will be at a big club after the summer. Mark my words.

no big club would sign him

in my opinion, i dont care if he's irish, english or martian, he's done nothing at all to prove himself at all. if he gives a competitive league a go for a year or two then we'll see what he's made of, but the spl and russian leagues aren't enough to make him class, despite what you think

class is ronaldo and messi, he's not even a few rungs below that. he's a potentially slightly above average footballer who's done nothing of any value with his career so far. if he goes and does it somewhere decent, fair play to him, but to say people are knocking him coz he's irish is ridiculous. conversely one could say you're only bigging him up because he's irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Erm is McGeady's goal not a class finish? - there are many more goals I could show. But this one was last week.

My point remains , ANYONE can score a good goal now & again , it certainly doesnt make them a good player . I do like McGeady, but the guy is absolutely infuriating , he has a habit of running head on into cul de sacs. For every cross he makes that creates a chance he has 7 or 8 dead end runs & 3 or 4 brutal crosses.

he's a potentially slightly above average footballer

lol! Go back to bed you ejjit.

You dont have a clue of the player tbh and I've been his biggest critic
    I don't have a clue? I'm saying he's a very good play and you are giving out to people saying that he's average. What are you on about? He improved a fair bit in his last season at Celtic and was clearly a level above the SPL, he moved to Russia and appears to be at the top level there. I thought he'd be at a top club by this stage of his career, playing in CL knockout stages. What's wrong with my opinion?

no big club would sign him

in my opinion, i dont care if he's irish, english or martian, he's done nothing at all to prove himself at all. if he gives a competitive league a go for a year or two then we'll see what he's made of, but the spl and russian leagues aren't enough to make him class, despite what you think

class is ronaldo and messi, he's not even a few rungs below that. he's a potentially slightly above average footballer who's done nothing of any value with his career so far. if he goes and does it somewhere decent, fair play to him, but to say people are knocking him coz he's irish is ridiculous. conversely one could say you're only bigging him up because he's irish

A big club did sign him, what you waffling about?

Hi Darkman.

As you will notice, I have asked you questions while answering yours.

Care to answer mine?

As the thread goes on you lose more and more credability as everyone can see that you've been completely owned and you are ignoring questions as you simply can't answer them.

Unless you can......... then i'd love to read the answers.

Regards

MrStuffins

you think he's better than, say, most premier league footballers then?

because he's not

and most of them arent even that good

• Advertisement

I don't have a clue? I'm saying he's a very good play and you are giving out to people saying that he's average. What are you on about? He improved a fair bit in his last season at Celtic and was clearly a level above the SPL, he moved to Russia and appears to be at the top level there. I thought he'd be at a top club by this stage of his career, playing in CL knockout stages. What's wrong with my opinion?

He was terrible for Celtic in his last season for them though, he couldnt have gotten any worse.

A big club did sign him, what you waffling about?

sorry, ill rephrase that, a decent sized and relevant club not playing in a mickey mouse league wont sign him

sorry, ill rephrase that, a decent sized and relevant club not playing in a mickey mouse league wont sign him

And your thinking means fúck all

why does yours mean more?

Imstead of throwing rocks at people in the thread, care to actually tell us what your opinion of the player is?

At the moment you're REALLY not making sense

• Advertisement

why does yours mean more?

Never said it did, bit of an assumption there.

He was terrible for Celtic in his last season for them though, he couldnt have gotten any worse.
    he didn't really have much help though, was forced to do everything himself and got almost desperate as seen with all the diving and whatnot. You could still see he was clearly the best player on that team. Celtic just had no chemistry that last season and each player underperformed. It was the end of a cycle for them and you see it happen with many clubs.

Imstead of throwing rocks at people in the thread, care to actually tell us what your opinion of the player is?

At the moment you're REALLY not making sense

My opinion of the player has been made crystal clear in the past, do I need to retype it?

he didn't really have much help though, was forced to do everything himself and got almost desperate as seen with all the diving and whatnot. You could still see he was clearly the best player on that team. Celtic just had no chemistry that last season and each player underperformed. It was the end of a cycle for them and you see it happen with many clubs.

You're right, Celtic were happy to sell him but i reject the notion that he was responsible for everyones form

he didn't really have much help though, was forced to do everything himself and got almost desperate as seen with all the diving and whatnot. You could still see he was clearly the best player on that team. Celtic just had no chemistr.

You see what the haters don't get is that he has lit up at Spartak - doing very well and scoring goals. He won't be there after the Euros.

I didnt ask you that question, did I??

My opinion of the player has been made crystal clear in the past, do I need to retype it?

Yes. it hasn't been made in this thread. This is a discussion thread on the topic and your points make no sense without any context. The context might exist elsewhere in cyberspace but we can't be chasing your old posts down in other threads.

You see what the haters don't get is that he has lit up at Spartak - doing very well and scoring goals. He won't be there after the Euros.

Darkman, why haven't you answered my question?

i think the funniest thing about this is that you think people are actively mcgeady haters because they dont agree with you

i couldnt give a toss about the guy, he means as much to me as any other footballer, i just don't think he's that good. as someone who doesnt follow international football in any way shape or form, i dont think that my opinion is being coloured by his nationality

Yes. it hasn't been made in this thread. This is a discussion thread on the topic and your points make no sense without any context. The context might exist elsewhere in cyberspace but we can't be chasing your old posts down in other threads.

Well, I'll copy and paste tomorrow!

I do reject some of the stuff spouted here like its a fact or common knowledge.

• Advertisement

But you haven't been. You've just been making wild aimless posts woth no context and nothing to back them up with.

like these posts?

If he played in the EPL a la McCarthy, things would be different though.

Your use of youtube doesnt hide your ignorance of what Mcgeady can do.

I know his shortcomings but you lot dont have a clue

But you haven't been. You've just been making wild aimless posts woth no context and nothing to back them up with.

According to you but that doesnt make it a fact

like these posts?

Wow, that just disproved everything I ever said! :rolleyes:

ah here, are you just gonna post rewordings of that sentiment all the time? how about this... your saying that him saying that doesnt make it a fact doesnt make it a fact

and my pointing out that your saying that him saying that doesnt make it a fact doesnt make it a fact doesnt make it a fact

shall we continue, or shall we all amazingly realise at the same time that a message board is for people to give their opinions, and at everyone will give their opinion believing it to be fact, because if they didnt believe it to be fact they wouldnt have it as their fùcking opinion in the first place. after all, who believes something they dont think is right?

apart from aidan mcgeady fans like

Nope, that is't all over this thread makes it fact.

Instead of quoting others' posts and disagreeing with their points using critical thinking and facts/proof from the career of Aiden McGeady (or even from your opinion) you've just been saying "You all don't know what you're talking about".

You're fooling nobody.

ah here, are you just gonna post rewordings of that sentiment all the time? how about this... your saying that him saying that doesnt make it a fact doesnt make it a fact

and my pointing out that your saying that him saying that doesnt make it a fact doesnt make it a fact doesnt make it a fact

shall we continue, or shall we all amazingly realise at the same time that a message board is for people to give their opinions, and at everyone will give their opinion believing it to be fact, because if they didnt believe it to be fact they wouldnt have it as their fùcking opinion in the first place. after all, who believes something they dont think is right?

apart from aidan mcgeady fans like

TL: DR

TL: DR

fantastic

i bet you took your ball and ran off crying when you werent having it your own way as a nipper too

Nope, that is't all over this thread makes it fact.

Instead of quoting others' posts and disagreeing with their points using critical thinking and facts/proof from the career of Aiden McGeady (or even from your opinion) you've just been saying "You all don't know what you're talking about".

You're fooling nobody.

Who am I trying to fool about what exactly?

If you have been on these forums 2 weeks, you'd know my position

• Advertisement

fantastic

i bet you took your ball and ran off crying when you werent having it your own way as a nipper too

Is that why you went to Toronto?

Well, believe it or not, I have no idea who you are. Your existence on Boards and your username mean absolutely nothing to me. Your insistance that i'm just supposed to know your position on this because you posted it in the past is ridiculous!

It leads me to believe that you actually have no idea what you're talking about and you're just bluffing!

Or, like Darkman, you're just posting hot air for the sake of it and have absolutely NO means of backing up your statements........... whatever they are!

Is that why you went to Toronto?

what is that even supposed to mean? :confused:

what is that even supposed to mean? :confused:

He'd tell you, but he's posted it somewhere else on another thread in the past 2 weeks so you should already know.

You are wasting your time. These guys would not know quality if it jumped up and bit them in the face.

Well, believe it or not, I have no idea who you are. Your existence on Boards and your username mean absolutely nothing to me. Your insistance that i'm just supposed to know your position on this because you posted it in the past is ridiculous!

It leads me to believe that you actually have no idea what you're talking about and you're just bluffing!

Or, like Darkman, you're just posting hot air for the sake of it and have absolutely NO means of backing up your statements........... whatever they are!

No, I just dont believe in reposting for the likes of YOU.

If you want to 2nd guess people on this forum, a forum you seem to have not a clue about, then fire away.

Everything is ridiculous according to you though

• Advertisement

He'd tell you, but he's posted it somewhere else on another thread in the past 2 weeks so you should already know.

What?

You are wasting your time. These guys would not know quality if it jumped up and bit them in the face.

Whats that suppose to mean??

And who are the likes of me exactly?
    If you want to 2nd guess people on this forum, a forum you seem to have not a clue about, then fire away.

I don't ever have to second guess people because normally when people are giving their opinions in threads, they make their opinions clear in the thread.

Not this time though. You refuse to even tell us what you think. Why are you even here?

Only the fact that you are arrogant enough to believe that your posts are so profound that I should remember them all, even the ones you posted 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. Nobody cares who you are!

What?

And who are the likes of me exactly?

I don't ever have to second guess people because normally when people are giving their opinions in threads, they make their opinions clear in the thread.

Not this time though. You refuse to even tell us what you think. Why are you even here?

Only the fact that you are arrogant enough to believe that your posts are so profound that I should remember them all, even the ones you posted 2 weeks ago :rolleyes:
    in the main match thread over the last month i've given my opinion on mcgeady and i'd doubt there is a better analysis of his career than what ive given tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement