Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGeady is class - discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    people criticize him because for the large part, he's fairly ****.

You're entitled to you're opinion but you're wrong bud. In fact i'd safely say you haven't a balls notion what you are talking about.
    Says the man who claims irish people dislike him because they hate celtic for some reason, lol.

Celtic supporter?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You're entitled to you're opinion but you're wrong bud. In fact i'd safely say you haven't a balls notion what you are talking about.

You're entitled to your opinion but you're wrong bud. He's sh-ite. In fact i'd safely say you haven't a balls notion what you are talking about.

As good an argument as a footballer McGeady is tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You'd swear we have a huge list of world class left wingers in the squad waiting to take McGeady's place.

And no, Hunt is not a better player than McGeady.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    You'd swear we have a huge list of world class left wingers in the squad waiting to take McGeady's place.

And no, Hunt is not a better player than McGeady.

No but Coleman and Duff are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

why does everyone keep saying balls notion?

lordgoat wrote: »
    No but Coleman and Duff are.
    Duff already plays. It would be a bold move to try and get him to play on both wings. Not sure that it would work.

Coleman will probably replace Duff after the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

This discussion seems to have taken a turn from is McGeady world class to should he be in the Ireland team
    Well for me he isn't world class but he should be in the Ireland team we don't have an abundance of players for that position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Duff already plays. It would be a bold move to try and get him to play on both wings. Not sure that it would work.

So now Duff is going to be past it after the Euro's. FFS.

Duff (left wing) + Coleman (right wing) > McGeady (left) + Duff (right)

So now Duff is going to be past it after the Euro's. FFS.

Duff (left wing) + Coleman (right wing) > McGeady (left) + Duff (right)
    Use a bit of common sense. Duff is likely to retire from international football after the Euros.

• Advertisement

Duff on one wing (L) and Coleman on the other (R), tis not difficult to figure out.

However Duff on both wings would probably be a shade better than McGeady. At least he wouldn't be out of position as much!

Has he told you he is going to retire? Until he comes and states why would you presume it. He's playing club football week in, week out......is a first teamer in the national.

Has he told you he is going to retire? Until he comes and states why would you presume it. He's playing club football week in, week out......is a first teamer in the national.
    Well done Captain Obvious. Another thing you should acknowledge is that he is currently 32. He will be 33 when the Euros are taking place, which will susbsequently mean he will be 35 when WC2014 is on. Highly unlikely that he will play beyond the Euros and common sense would point towards his retirement.

And regarding Coleman, I'm sure Trappatoni will play him in friendlies between now and the Euros. He will get a fair chance along with McCarthy etc.

I'd rather be "obvious" than "presumptuous".

I'd rather be "obvious" than "presumptuous".
    Ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Not only do I not believe McGeady is world class, I don't even believe he should be in the starting 11.

Move Duff to the left and let Laurence and Coleman slog it out for the right side position sounds better to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not only do I not believe McGeady is world class, I don't even believe he should be in the starting 11.

Move Duff to the left and let Laurence and Coleman slog it out for the right side position sounds better to me!
    Sweet mother of Christ.I think Im gonna puke.The ignorance is making my stomach heave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I'd agree, he was next to useless against Andorra but a little better last night. He's a headless chicken with the ball most of the time. I'd have Hunt or Coleman starting ahead of him everytime.

Vanbis wrote: »
    I'd agree, he was next to useless against Andorra but a little better last night. He's a headless chicken with the ball most of the time. I'd have Hunt or Coleman starting ahead of him everytime.
    If your not a stand-up comedian, you should be.Love your sense of humour(or stupidity):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    If your not a stand-up comedian, you should be.Love your sense of humour(or stupidity):rolleyes:

The only comedian here is yourself if you seriously believe Mcgeady is world class :D But your a Celtic fan so it's hardly suprising :rolleyes:

The only comedian here is yourself if you seriously believe Mcgeady is world class :D But your a Celtic fan so it's hardly suprising :rolleyes:
    Yes, I support the team who were the 1st in Britain to lift the European Cup(With 11 Glaswegians). I regularly go to Glasgow to support my team. You????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OT but should be no slog - Coleman should be in the team

I regularly go to Glasgow to support my team.

and do you get there on the flying pig necessary to make mcgeady world class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He does things with a football that are absurd. Things that most other players simply cannot do. He is world class. Simple as that.

This guy can Seal Dribble, as far as I know only Kerlon has consistently done it apart from him. Is he world class?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Hunt and Lawrence aren't good enough though. Hunt's best attribute is his workrate but that shouldn't be a winger's better part of the game. Havn't seen Lawrence play in a bit, but what i can remember is he's pretty average. And i suppose that's why he hasn't been in the starting 11 in a while...

Coleman could/should be breaking into the 1st team in the near future, but i think it'll be at RB. Defiantly shouldn't be taking McGeady's place

Helix wrote: »
    and do you get there on the flying pig necessary to make mcgeady world class?
    Your question would confuse Einstein.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Look lads Mcgeady is no world class player, he is an honest player with alot to learn.Dont start calling me a Mcgeady hater becau
    se i have nothing but the height of respect for all the players who play for our country.The team are no world beaters,but they will give you all they have on the pitch, and we cant ask for anymore than that. ROLL ON THE SUMMER..................................

clickhere wrote: »
    Look lads Mcgeady is no world class player, he is an honest player with alot to learn.Dont start calling me a Mcgeady hater becau
    se i have nothing but the height of respect for all the players who play for our country.The team are no world beaters,but they will give you all they have on the pitch, and we cant ask for anymore than that. ROLL ON THE SUMMER..................................
    McGeadys got the minerals.Hes world class.End of.;)

G.K. wrote: »
    This guy can Seal Dribble, as far as I know only Kerlon has consistently done it apart from him. Is he world class?
    No.

Your question would confuse Einstein.:rolleyes:

i doubt it

Sweet mother of Christ.I think Im gonna puke.The ignorance is making my stomach heave.

Quite ironic how someone talking about other peoples ignorance is the person who thinks the reason McGeady isn't at Man Utd is because they can't afford him! Yeah they decided to spend something like £18 Million on Ashley Young to play in the same position just for the craic. They really think McGeady is better. But he'd cost too much more!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What age are you PARKHEAD? Genuinely interested.

Quite ironic how someone talking about other peoples ignorance is the person who thinks the reason McGeady isn't at Man Utd is because they can't afford him! Yeah they decided to spend something like £18 Million on Ashley Young to play in the same position just for the craic. They really think McGeady is better. But he'd cost too much more!
    Alex had the proverbial nightmare with that one.

Blatter wrote: »
    What age are you PARKHEAD? Genuinely interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Shouldnt a world class player have the ability to cross the ball accurately more often than not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Parkhead is clearly just doing this for the rise and it's working. To use a Bateman-ism, anyone who knows anything about football will know that McGeady isn't even close to being world class.

1mcampo1 wrote: »

Coleman could/should be breaking into the 1st team in the near future, but i think it'll be at RB. Defiantly shouldn't be taking McGeady's place

I think there's a bit too much hype about Coleman. He's not THAT good. And if he does break into the team, and he will get chances, I certainly wouldn't dare put him at right back. Not to be trusted!

No.

So what are the things that McGeady can do with the ball 'that most other players simply cannot do' that make him World class, if the seal dribble, which most players simply cannot do, doesn't make Braaten World Class?

orourkeda wrote: »
    Shouldnt a world class player have the ability to cross the ball accurately more often than not?
    Haters gonna hate.............:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sad that you could be that disillusioned at that age.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Parkhead is clearly just doing this for the rise and it's working. To use a Bateman-ism, anyone who knows anything about football will know that McGeady isn't even close to being world class.

Well you're a moderator. Is he breaking no rule?

Haters gonna hate.............:P

Haters can cross a ball

So what are the things that McGeady can do with the ball 'that most other players simply cannot do' that make him World class, if the seal dribble, which most players simply cannot do, doesn't make Braaten World Class?
    McGeadys an unreal player.Hes Scottish.Is this the reason for the hatred?He acknowledged his Irish roots, much to the disgust of most of the Scottish public.Hes got balls of steel.All ye haters out there GIRFUY.

McGeadys an unreal player.Hes Scottish.Is this the reason for the hatred?He acknowledged his Irish roots, much to the disgust of most of the Scottish public.Hes got balls of steel.All ye haters out there GIRFUY.

No its because he's shyte. Hatred may be the wrong word

Answer the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

The only comedian here is yourself if you seriously believe Mcgeady is world class :DBut your a Celtic fan so it's hardly suprising :rolleyes:

Knowing many Celtic fans, and having been to Parkhead numerous times, I have never heard another Celtic fan claim McGeady is either world class or better then Rooney

So what exactly are you basing this opinion that its hardly surprising for a Celtic fan to come out with drivel from? Its not as if your own clubs support is exempt from such dreamers, yet I wouldn't define their supporters as a whole by these people

• Advertisement

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Knowing many Celtic fans, and having been to Parkhead numerous times, I have never heard another Celtic fan claim McGeady is either world class or better then Rooney

So what exactly are you basing this opinion that its hardly surprising for a Celtic fan to come out with drivel from? Its not as if your own clubs support is exempt from such dreamers, yet I wouldn't define their supporters as a whole by these people

I thought the answer to that question was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

tommyhaas wrote: »

I thought the answer to that question was obvious.

Wasn't obvious to me either, care to explain?

RoryMac wrote: »
    Wasn't obvious to me either, care to explain?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well you're a moderator. Is he breaking no rule?

If I said I believe what he is at, I'd get an infraction. ;)

No its because he's shyte. Hatred may be the wrong word
    You really dont watch football often .Do you?;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement