Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McGeady is class - discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

He has an awful shot and is not great at crossing a ball. Great skill on the ball though. Id give him another few years and he might be a good footballer. A bit like ronaldo when he first started out a united. Loads of ball dribbling ability but no end product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Tech3 wrote: »
    He has an awful shot and is not great at crossing a ball. Great skill on the ball though. Id give him another few years and he might be a good footballer. A bit like ronaldo when he first started out a united. Loads of ball dribbling ability but no end product

I made the same conparison once in another thread and got absolutely slaughtered!

I think 18 year old McGeady and 18 year old Ronaldo were similar players with similar skill-sets.

Ronaldo is now 26 and is a World Player of the Year and a Champions League winner.

McGeady is 25 and still can't take a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Pro. F wrote: »

McGeady is a good dribbler of the ball and a hard worker. No more than that. He is also a shìte crosser.

He's not a ****e crosser at all. Not the best in the business by any means but nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

He has good technique, pace and trickery. Add that to your list.

Pro. F wrote: »
    In the last few games against very week opposition he has done okay, not even anything special, and now people think he has become a superstar. This forum has gone into idiot overdrive with this qualification.

He can only play against what's in front of him. Who else has done better consistently?

I'm not thinking he's a superstar at all. He's a good player, fu*k knows why you can't see that.

Here's a question for you, what has Duff done better than McGeady in this campaign. Damien can do no wrong. The teams shortcomings in attacking is pinned onto McGeady by some - even when he's doing well.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I made the same conparison once in another thread and got absolutely slaughtered!

I think 18 year old McGeady and 18 year old Ronaldo were similar players with similar skill-sets.

Ronaldo is now 26 and is a World Player of the Year and a Champions League winner.

McGeady is 25 and still can't take a shot.

I've debated you on the point above before.

Ronaldo is probably the 2nd best player in the world. You're having a go at McGeady because he isn't? Deary me.

McGeady can take a shot, hmm did the second goal on Friday come about? Or the winning goal against Macedonia? Damn my amnesia.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    He's not a ****e crosser at all. Not the best in the business by any means but nowhere near as bad as you're making out.

He is a bad crosser of the ball. For someone who is a winger and crossing should be one of his biggest strengths...... he's poor!
    He has good technique, pace and trickery.

All no good if he's running the ball out for a throw in or a goal kick more often then not. Unless there's an end product these attributes aren't much use.
    Here's a question for you, what has Duff done better than McGeady in this campaign. Damien can do no wrong. The teams shortcomings in attacking is pinned onto McGeady by some - even when he's doing well.

I'm pretty sure if someone started a thread saying Duff was World Class he'd get the same treatment, realistic appraisal of what he does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It amazes me how many people still think McGeady is a young fella with potential.

He never fulfilled his potential. He should be applauded and criticised on his ability now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

mars bar wrote: »
    It amazes me how many people still think McGeady is a young fella with potential.

He never fulfilled his potential. He should be applauded and criticised on his ability now.

He did fulfill his potential. He's now an average player. No more.

Ronaldo is probably the 2nd best player in the world. You're having a go at McGeady because he isn't? Deary me.

No, that's not it at all. I'm not sure how you could miss the point so wildly! I'm not sure if, when debating me before, you got the point or not but maybe have a think about what i'm actually saying here. Then we can have a conversation.
    McGeady can take a shot, hmm did the second goal on Friday come about? Or the winning goal against Macedonia? Damn my amnesia.

Lol! Amazing! You've used 2 examples where he took poor shots that the keeper made a mess of. You really MUST have amnesia. You can't seriously believe this crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

he is the most frustrating player for any team ive ever supported.

he played well on friday, but overall he has been really poor for ireland.

He is a bad crosser of the ball. For someone who is a winger and crossing should be one of his biggest strengths...... he's poor!

Well he's not really a winger. He's always said his favourite position was more in the centre. For Spartak he's not punted out as wide and it seems to be paying dividends.

Also playing for Ireland in his role wouldn't be easy for the best winger in the world. Ball gets put out wide, beat two men and try to ping in a cross.
    All no good if he's running the ball out for a throw in or a goal kick more often then not. Unless there's an end product these attributes aren't much use.

I think you're imagining that happening more often that not.
    I'm pretty sure if someone started a thread saying Duff was World Class he'd get the same treatment, realistic appraisal of what he does.

I agree with the World class bit, he isn't and most likely never will be in that elite.

• Advertisement

Spot on!

I can't believe how many people had an orgasm because he happened to get a shot on target the other night which indirectly led to a goal!

Praise where it's due for the assist for the first goal, but if those who want to defend McGeady want to point out things to show he's a good player, at least show relevant ones!

Well he's not really a winger. He's always said his favourite position was more in the centre. For Spartak he's not punted out as wide and it seems to be paying dividends.

Also playing for Ireland in his role wouldn't be easy for the best winger in the world. Ball gets put out wide, beat two men and try to ping in a cross.

Well i'm talking about McGeady in an Irish shirt. He plays out wide. He's been poor for Ireland. maybe it's not his fault, but it doesn't change the fact he's been poor!

I think you're imagining that happening more often that not.
    I'm really not.

I agree with the World class bit, he isn't and most likely never will be in that elite.
    Indeed.

Duff is a good servant but he's not an impactful as he once was. The reason people don't say the same things about him as they do about McGeady is because there aren't people out there who think he's still some sort of World Beater and he's better than he is.

Lol! Amazing! You've used 2 examples where he took poor shots that the keeper made a mess of. You really MUST have amnesia. You can't seriously believe this crap!

I used two examples off the top of my head, one which was two days ago.

You said he can't take a shot. You're laughably wrong.
    No, that's not it at all. I'm not sure how you could miss the point so wildly! I'm not sure if, when debating me before, you got the point or not but maybe have a think about what i'm actually saying here. Then we can have a conversation.

I addressed your point perfectly. You made a comparison between McGeady's ability as an 18 year old and Ronaldo's when was was the drinking age.

I said Ronaldo got better because he had in the bag to become a brilliant player. So what? That kind of talent is a rarity in the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Paul McShane,game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Oh look McGeady scored a decent goal in the Russian League two weeks ago - he is world class.

He is not as good as Duff is now, he has never been as good Duff.

He does not have the intelligence, crossing ability or passing to be as good as Duff.

And we all know Duff isn't world class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Paul McShane,game over.

mcshane doesnt count! he is crap and everybody accepts that. the thing is, mcgeady can be good in one game, but the next 5 he will be awful. he will beat 3 men and then give the ball away 10 times in a game.

he is very predictable and an unbelieveably unproductive player. and i dont blame just him, i blame the many managers who have failed to tell him a simple thing - beat your man and cross/pass the f*cking ball.

I used two examples off the top of my head, one which was two days ago.

You said he can't take a shot. You're laughably wrong.

Yeah, it just shows that, for some reason, you have this idea that McGeady has been successful for Ireland as far as sooting is concerned. You can't think of any other examples than horrible ones.

Feel free to prove me wrong here, but i think that the fact that in 45 games for Ireland he has scored 2 goals, neither a decent shot, and has shown no danger otherwise through his shooting stands to show he is not a good shot taker in a green shirt.

But again, you're free to show evidence otherwise.

I addressed your point perfectly. You made a comparison between McGeady's ability as an 18 year old and Ronaldo's when was was the drinking age.

My point at the time was that he possessed the ability to become a world class player at the time he was 18 years old. At 18 years old he possessed a similar skill set to Ronaldo.

While Ronaldo has become a world beater, showing how a player can improve through hard work and the right training, McGeady still possesses the same skill set 7 years on.

Well i'm talking about McGeady in an Irish shirt. He plays out wide. He's been poor for Ireland. maybe it's not his fault, but it doesn't change the fact he's been poor!

He hasn't been poor. You can try and pass that off as fact as much as you want but it doesn't wash.

Can I ask you who the f*ck has been consistently good for Ireland since Trap took over. Dunne and Given maybe?

I don't know where to begin with this but I'll try.

Has anyone watched how we play?

Our full backs are poor. Kelly and Ward? They hardly are good going forward. Add Kilbane or O'Shea to that list.

Central midfield is a void of any creativity. We don't have anyone that can play a through pass when need be. Whelan and Andrews are grafters and are in there to run and close down, not put their foot on the ball.

Our centre forwards aren't the most mobile in the world either and are reliant on good service.

Which leaves us with the two wide men - our biggest threat. Is it any wonder why any manager worth their salt instructs our wide men to be double marked and closed down as quickly as possible.
    So what you have is us lumping high balls forward to no one. Look how many times it happened on Friday. Or the other tactic is too play it wide and hope McGeady or Duff can produce something out of nothing.

With all the above in mind I just can't understand how some will then lynch McGeady. Fu*k me if he wasn't in the team it would be even worse to watch.

He hasn't been poor. You can try and pass that off as fact as much as you want but it doesn't wash.

You posted a very long post there, with not one instance of why McGeady is a good player, just a load of sh*te about the rest of the team being poor!

We're talking about McGeady here.

You're doing nothing to convince me or anyone that McGeady hasn't been poor! His crossing, passing and shooting has been sub-par in an Irish shirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He can't kick the ball properly.

Would you agree with that statement Coletrain.

• Advertisement

Paul Green was a bad choice for Ireland and is a bad footballer.

Therefore McGeady is a good kicker of the ball.

Seems to be how this is going so far.

You posted a very long post there, with not one instance of why McGeady is a good player, just a load of sh*te about the rest of the team being poor!

We're talking about McGeady here.

You're doing nothing to convince me or anyone that McGeady hasn't been poor! His crossing, passing and shooting has been sub-par in an Irish shirt!

I won't be convincing you of anything.

Your mind is made up. You couldn't even agree we are a poor footballing side when I posted the above. You're either too stubborn to admit that fact or you've made your mind up about McGeady already and aren't up to admitting he's a good player.

Either way it doesn't matter. McGeady helped us get to the Euro's and I'm delighted for him that he'll get to show his talent to the world in June.

Why do I even bother..

I won't be convincing you of anything.

You're mind is made up.

Not true. I'm always open to opinions contrary to mine. If I have the idea that Justin Bieber is a bad singer and someone presents me with examples of how he is a good singer, I will of course change my mind. Why would I ever disregard evidence?

However, you haven't even bothered to back yourself up here. I've actually asked you on a couple of occasions to show me. I want to be shown or be given examples of what you're talking about. Otherwise what reason do I have to change my mind? You either can't produce anything or your default method of arguing your point is just saying "Your mind is made up, what's the point?".
    You couldn't even agree we are a poor footballing side when I posted the above.

Lol. Can you show me where I didn't agree that we were a poor footballing side? If you wish I will go through the trouble of finding you some quotes of mine here on Boards where I have said time and time again that we are a poor footballing side.

When I said "A load of sh*te about the team being poor" I didn't mean this particular opinion was sh*te, I meant (quite obviously) that your bringing up a load of unrelated stuff was nonsense.

it seems you're really having trouble understanding the points of others.
    You're either too stubborn to admit that fact or you've made your mind up about McGeady already and aren't up to admitting he's a good player.

I have formed the opinion, through observation and evidence, that McGeady is a frustrating player who is a poor passer, crosser and shoter of the ball. One who makes poor decisions on the pitch and tries to beat 2 players at a time too much.

However, as said before, i'm always open to others showing me otherwise. Just saying "He's good" doesn'r cut it. This isn't the Christianity forum!

Why do I even bother..

Well....... you don't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

His passing, shooting and final ball are all poor, he is wastefull in possession. It doesn't matter if he manages to beat his man if the cross is rubbish.
    Ronaldo is world class, messi is world class, I don't seriously believe that there is anyone out there who considers mcgeady world class, I wouldn't even describe him as a good player

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

and hope McGeady or Duff can produce something out of nothing.

...and if they were world class, that is what they would do more often than not.
    The stats speak for themselves though. McGeady 40+ caps as a winger for Ireland, 2 goals, 2 assists. 30 games in total for Spartak, 4 goals, 2 assists.
    That is similar to Chris Samba last season (and the season before), who is a centre-half for blackburn. And before we have another nonsense thread - Samba is not world class either!

However, you haven't even bothered to back yourself up here. I've actually asked you on a couple of occasions to show me. I want to be shown or be given examples of what you're talking about. Otherwise what reason do I have to change my mind? You either can't produce anything or your default method of arguing your point is just saying "Your mind is made up, what's the point?".
    !

Evidence you want. What type?

See you say he's poor. The evidence would suggest otherwise. Look at his career stats for Celtic and Spartak. Look at the awards he's won. Look at how every manager has rated him, including Trap.
    Look at his transfer fee to Spartak.
    See how many clubs who are interested in him.
    Look at Youtube. You said he couldn't shoot. Type McGeady and keyword goal
    and you'll get a few hits.

Give me some evidence to back up your claims that he's a poor player.

Believe it or not, I really don't care if you don't rate the lad. Up to yourself but we've both seen most of his games for Ireland. I was lucky to see him play a lot of games for Celtic so I would have seen him play more than you. A lot of Celtic fans would say that he could frustrate but I never came across any who made him out to be a poor player.

Lol. Can you show me where I didn't agree that we were a poor footballing side? If you wish I will go through the trouble of finding you some quotes of mine here on Boards where I have said time and time again that we are a poor footballing side.

When I said "A load of sh*te about the team being poor" I didn't mean this particular opinion was sh*te, I meant (quite obviously) that your bringing up a load of unrelated stuff was nonsense.

You went quiet and all of a sudden didn't respond when I posted about the teams style of play.

If Messi was in our team he would struggle to do what he does at Barca. Surely you can accept my point there.
    it seems you're really having trouble understanding the points of others.

Nah I'm not really.

I have formed the opinion, through observation and evidence, that McGeady is a frustrating player who is a poor passer, crosser and shoter of the ball. One who makes poor decisions on the pitch and tries to beat 2 players at a time too much.

However, as said before, i'm always open to others showing me otherwise. Just saying "He's good" doesn'r cut it. This isn't the Christianity forum!

If he tries to beat two players at a time then surely it's because he hasn't got many other options? Not like he stops to let the defender come back for a second chance..

Observation and evidence? What evidence?!

Well....... you don't!

Feck man, you might disagree with me 110% but surely you can't fault me giving up my precious time to have a debate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lionel Messi on Aiden McGeady before a Champions league match a few years ago :

"he is a fast and skillful winger and someone I rate very highly. We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue. I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him".

Well if Messi rates him..... :)

simonw wrote: »
    ...and if they were world class, that is what they would do more often than not.
    The stats speak for themselves though. McGeady 40+ caps as a winger for Ireland, 2 goals, 2 assists. 30 games in total for Spartak, 4 goals, 2 assists.
    That is similar to Chris Samba last season (and the season before), who is a centre-half for blackburn. And before we have another nonsense thread - Samba is not world class either!

Your Spartak stats were for half a season.

Spartak 45 games 7 goals 20 assists
    Celtic 252 '' 37 '' 83 '' ''

Also I bet he has more assists in a green shirt.

If you think any player can consistently pull rabbits out of hats then you're deluded. They need other players around them to want to attack. Not hoof long balls up from the back.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lionel Messi on Aiden McGeady before a Champions league match a few years ago :

"he is a fast and skillful winger and someone I rate very highly. We will have to be careful with him because his movement can be special and has a great ability to appear in goalscoring positions out of the blue. I really like the way he plays football. He is a natural talent who can create a brilliant piece of play in the blink of an eye and I can assure you our defenders will be paying very close attention to him".

I was at that game against Barca. He was a thorn in Barcas side. Put in two crosses that were directly responsible for Celtics two goals.

• Advertisement

Evidence you want. What type?

Any will do.
    See you say he's poor. The evidence would suggest otherwise. Look at his career stats for Celtic and Spartak.

Right so:

This season he's played 16 games. He's scored 2 goals and had ZERO assists. I've seen one of the goals, it was a decent one. Haven't seen the other.

Nothing here to suggest he can cross a ball though. In 16 games he hasn't assisted ONE goal! In fact, according to the statistics he's never performed an assist for Spartak Moscow.
    Look at the awards he's won. Look at how every manager has rated him, including Trap.

Trap also rated Paul Green. He continually refuses to play a lot of good Irish players. Doesn't prove or disprove anything
    Look at his transfer fee to Spartak.

Transfer fees say nothing! If they did then Andy Carroll would be the world;s best striker!
    See how many clubs who are interested in him.

The transfer rumour mill is not evidence that the guy can cross or shoot.
    Look at Youtube. You said he couldn't shoot. Type McGeady and keyword goal
    Will do. But doesn't change the fact he doesn't do it enough for ireland. i can watch as many of his goals as I want but that wont change the fact he's scored 2 goals in 45 games for Ireland!
    Give me some evidence to back up your claims that he's a poor player.

Ok. Well how about the 0-0 draw v Slovakia. There were 4-5 instances of when the lad had the ball and rather than pass it or release it, he ran it out of play over the line. There were a few times when he got into good positions to cross the ball and when he DID it was a poorly executed cross and when he didn't it was because he would instead try to beat the man and fail. He gave the ball away needlessly all night. He had a couple of little bits of good play but overall had a bad game!

He had a couple of attempts at goal and never got one on target! he was eventually substituted. There's a match report here if you wanna have alook.
    Believe it or not, I really don't care if you don't rate the lad. Up to yourself but we've both seen most of his games for Ireland. I was lucky to see him play a lot of games for Celtic so I would have seen him play more than you. A lot of Celtic fans would say that he could frustrate but I never came across any who made him out to be a poor player.

Bit of a presumption there TBH :confused:

You went quiet and all of a sudden didn't respond when I posted about the teams style of play.

When did I go quiet? I said McGeady is a poor crosser and shooter of the ball. You started talking about the team's style of play. It has little relevance!
    If Messi was in our team he would struggle to do what he does at Barca. Surely you can accept my point there.

Messi can cross and shoot.

If Messi was in our team, his abilities to cross and shoot wouldn't disappear suddenly :rolleyes:

If he tries to beat two players at a time then surely it's because he hasn't got many other options?

Yes, plenty!
    Observation and evidence? What evidence?!

Evidence of his poor efforts of crossing and shooting.

Slattsy wrote: »

I once heard Pele say the best player around was Steve McMananman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

this thread is taking on a life of it's own..should be stickied for the laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

If he has such a good shot why didnt he score the chance that lead to the second goal. And why does he only have one goal at international level in over 40 games.

Robbie Keane made the real contribution to that goal in setting up Jonathan Walters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

World class footballers (and top class sports people in general) have the uncanny ability of making the difficult look remarkably easy.

Aidan McGeady is the opposite. He sometimes makes the relatively straightforward tasks look more difficult than they really are.

I'm not a particular fan of Roy Keane as a person but as a footballer he made a successful career out of doing the simple things very effectively and made playing top level football look easy. We all know it isn't but it looked that way when he played. He is a very good example of this. Aidan McGeady might do well to learn from this and apply it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I wouldn't call McGeddy class. Wouldn't call him ****e either. He can produce some terrific moments, but they're few and far between. He rarely does it for Ireland, his best performance for us came against Russia where he was practically our left-back, covering for a non-existent Ward. 1 goal in nearly 50 appearances is not what would be expected of a 'class' player. I don't hate him but he can be frustrating to watch

EDIT: 2 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Your Spartak stats were for half a season.

Spartak 45 games 7 goals 20 assists
    Celtic 252 '' 37 '' 83 '' ''

Also I bet he has more assists in a green shirt.

If you think any player can consistently pull rabbits out of hats then you're deluded. They need other players around them to want to attack. Not hoof long balls up from the back.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/42414/aiden-mcgeady?cc=5739 is where i got the spartak stats, and according to that he has 6 assists for Ireland in total. That's still played 45, 2 goals, 6 assists in a green shirt. Gareth Bale has 5 goals and 6 assists for Wales in 32 apps, and they are hardly a free scoring team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

simonw wrote: »
    Gareth Bale has 5 goals and 6 assists for Wales in 32 apps, and they are hardly a free scoring team

Ireland are a free socring team?

Stick stephen hunt on the left wing instead of mcgeady and we'd see a better ireland team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

darokane wrote: »
    Ireland are a free socring team?
    I dont know how to respond to this.;)Were socring all the way to the Euros. Thanks in no small part to McGeady.

Stick stephen hunt on the left wing instead of mcgeady and we'd see a better ireland team
    Oh no. Jesus wept.He weeps at stupid statements.Like your one.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

not nearly imo. McGeady is easily Ireland's most skilled player, it's not even close. Teams double mark him too which creates space for the other players inside. He's a very good player who we are lucky to have, even if he hasn't reached the heights he could have.

Liam O wrote: »
    not nearly imo. McGeady is easily Ireland's most skilled player, it's not even close. Teams double mark him too which creates space for the other players inside. He's a very good player who we are lucky to have, even if he hasn't reached the heights he could have.
    Liam O.You speak sense:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Does that mean you admit he isn't world class?

G.K. wrote: »
    Does that mean you admit he isn't world class?
    He is world class.:p

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    He is world class.:p

Parkhead, out of curiousity, what criteria do you think a player should fall into to be world class? What does world class mean to you?

Parkhead, out of curiousity, what criteria do you think a player should fall into to be world class? What does world class mean to you?
    A player with bags of skill.A player who confuses the sh*** out the opposition.An Aiden Mcgeady;)

I dont know how to respond to this.;)Were socring all the way to the Euros. Thanks in no small part to McGeady.

Oh right, one game makes us a free scoring team:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

World class? No, and I can understand why he has his critics but he is so important for Ireland.

He is very similiar to Nani/Ronaldo in their first couple of years at United, capable of beating a man in the blink of an eye and creating goal, but also capable of misplacing a 5 yard pass to a team mate.

I always have a soft spot for a player like that. If he can get some consistency into his game he could be a very, very good player.

He has been incredibly important for Ireland in this campaign, especially seeing as we have practically zero flair/creativity in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

McG sparks effectively now and then but is not consistent.Team setup probably does not help.Hence occasional flashes or bursts of "brilliance "? Sometimes he seems to be setting out on a lone mission....

Oh no. Jesus wept.He weeps at stupid statements.Like your one.;)

I think that you're in the wrong forum
    when McGeady dies and rises again:rolleyes:, then come back

• Advertisement
Advertisement