Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB due to end soon...

• 12-11-2011 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Got a letter in the post the other day stating that my JSB is due to end soon (have been on it for seven months at this stage). There's forms included to fill out for JSA but I don't know if I want to go on JSA - I need the money and I've been applying for jobs but with no luck whatsoever. But I'm just not comfortable going on JSA - anybody else feel the same after been on JSB?

Also, the letter never stated when the JSB was due to end - any ideas as to when this is usually?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Benefit lasts for either 9 months (if you have less than 260 PRSI credits) or 12 months (if you have more).

These durations only apply if you have been fully unemployed. If you have been working part-time during the same timeframe it will last longer as you won't have been exhausting your full entitlement each week. Also if you've been working part-time at all you may find that you re-qualify for Jobseekers Benefit.

I had no qualms about applying for Jobseekers Allowance. It was hardly my fault that there aren't any jobs out there :) Way I look at it, as long as I'm doing my best to find a job (which is a requirement of both Jobseekers Benefit and Allowance in any event), then I'm entitled to what I can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

You should absolutely apply for JSA. Not only for financial reasons but to keep your record 'alive' so to speak. You don't want a gap on your record when you get to pension age as you will need all your contributions and credits to ensure your eligiblity.

Advertisement