Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't send or receive mms on iPhone 4s

• 12-11-2011 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I recently bought a 4s from the apple store. I can't seem to send or receive mms messages now. I just get the red exclamation mark on messages I try to send. I'm on Vodafone.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Have a look at the Vodafone Interactive Device Guide to make sure your settings are correct. Just choose iPhone 4s & then 'set up your phone for picture messaging'. It's a good step by step guide, & you shouldn't have any problem following it.

Once you have that done you should be ok, but if not post again with the exact problem. Press the red exclaimation mark on any error message you may get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Telvis

Thanks for the reply.

When i go Settings, General, Network - i don't have an option to select Mobile Data Network. I can only turn Cellular data On/Off, Data Roaming, Personal Hotspot, VPN and WiFi :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

Telvis wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

When i go Settings, General, Network - i don't have an option to select Mobile Data Network. I can only turn Cellular data On/Off, Data Roaming, Personal Hotspot, VPN and WiFi :confused:

I have the same problem. I'm with emobile. weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Thanks for the reply.

Have just come accross this post from the Vodafone Rep: Paul

''The Vodafone Ireland carrier file is available from the App store via iTunes.
    When you sync your iPhone with iTunes, you'll be prompted to update the iPhone with the carrier file.

Once applied, the carrier file auto-configures your APN settings for both browsing and MMS, (This is why you won't see the "
    Cellular Data" options in the iPhone menu once done.)

If after updating your iPhone, you still are having issues with MMS or browsing, there are a number of things I can check from my side, so please PM me your number and I'll get you up and running!

Paul.
    ''

Try connecting your phone to your pc & see if you get a prompt to update your settings or after synching see if your settings have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Telvis

jeckle wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Have just come accross this post from the Vodafone Rep: Paul

''The Vodafone Ireland carrier file is available from the App store via iTunes.
    When you sync your iPhone with iTunes, you'll be prompted to update the iPhone with the carrier file.

Once applied, the carrier file auto-configures your APN settings for both browsing and MMS, (This is why you won't see the "
    Cellular Data" options in the iPhone menu once done.)

If after updating your iPhone, you still are having issues with MMS or browsing, there are a number of things I can check from my side, so please PM me your number and I'll get you up and running!

Paul.
    ''

Try connecting your phone to your pc & see if you get a prompt to update your settings or after synching see if your settings have changed.

Thanks a lot for your help - connecting it to iTunes seems to have sorted it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Lockster

I'm having a similar problem but with emobile. Did you have to do anything specific when you synced with Itunes or did it do it automatically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Initially my g/f was having similar MMS problems with her 4S - also bought direct from Apple, which seems to be a commonality with many of the people (though not all) who come across this glitch.

Went with her to an O2 store and the guy there was pleasant but largely clueless. He fiddled around with the network settings (and then mumbled “No, they seem okay...”) and then gave me the number for Apple Support [1850 945 191] and O2 Customer Care [1909].

And, joy to behold, the woman from O2 Customer Care fixed it in about 5 minutes. Her method didn’t involve iTunes, but I’ll lay it out here in case anyone finds it useful. Apparently the problem is that if you buy direct from Apple, all the network settings are not painstakingly and precisely programmed in as should be the case if you buy from your network (which makes sure that all phones are singing from the same network hymn sheet). Result: not all of your Apple-bought 4S’s functionalities are in order.

Here’s what I did - there are two routes to try - from listening to the O2 Customer Care rep:

Method 1. Settings >>> General >>> Reset >> Reset Network Settings

That’s the most common reset method and the one I think they do in-store most often.

Method 2. Settings >>> General >>> Network >>> Cellular Data Network >>> Reset Settings.

Can’t positively say which one worked, but between the two of them, MMS functionality made a magical appearance for the first time on her 4S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Stuart74

I had a similar problem with my 4S bought from Apple. Could not send SMS's or access internet.

I phoned Vodafone and I was told that when I synced with iTunes initially that the carrier file would have been updated onto the phone.

After they checked to ensure that I was set-up to use the correct access points, I was told to perform a Network Reset.

This seemed to work for me. Can send SMS now and can also access internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 getinformer

I was also facing the same problem, but after searching about this issue and now i have got the solution for this issue, IF any one having the same issue can get the solution on the following link below.
    www.techyv.com/questions/can-not-sendrecieve-mms-my-iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭Lockster

I'm still having this problem with emobile. Have tried all the suggestions that I've seen on the internet and restored the phone numerous times. Has anyone who had this problem with emobile manage to get sorted and if so how?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nala89

Lockster wrote: »
    I'm still having this problem with emobile. Have tried all the suggestions that I've seen on the internet and restored the phone numerous times. Has anyone who had this problem with emobile manage to get sorted and if so how?

Thanks

Go to settings, messages, and mms messaging and insure its turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marflynn

Hi Paul I'm having trouble with sending texts from France when I was on hols last week, nothing worked and now I am home I am unable to send picture messages, keep getting exclamation mark. I had been able to send pic mags prior going to France, By the way i have an iPhone 4s 16g, thanks.

Advertisement