Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra Lab Report

Options
  • 12-11-2011 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi Folks, hoping someone might be able to shed light on this query. We have been given an extra lab report to do for a module that is not on the module outline, what I want to know is can extra work be added in, or is the module outline to be strictly adhered to by lecturers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Did you have to do an extra Lab?

Lectures can usually cover themselves with "continuous assessment" in the module outline to get past this but if you are unhappy with it take it up with your class rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

No, we have 4 different labs but only 2 of these needed lab reports, module outline says 20% each for lab reports and 60% end of term exam. now we have an extra report so i don't know how they are going to distribute the marks for this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

lim abroad wrote: »
    No, we have 4 different labs but only 2 of these needed lab reports, module outline says 20% each for lab reports and 60% end of term exam. now we have an extra report so i don't know how they are going to distribute the marks for this

It's been my experience that they have leeway with it. Last year, the entire class did awful in a midterm, so the lecturer decided to change the midterm to being only worth 10% and then gave us another midterm to make up the difference.

Best thing to do if you're unhappy though is to get the class rep to speak to the lecturer about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

The lecturer can't change the module outline without consulting the class first, first step is the class rep should talk to the lecturer. If that fails there's the course head or the education officer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

bazkennedy wrote: »
    The lecturer can't change the module outline without consulting the class first, first step is the class rep should talk to the lecturer. If that fails there's the course head or the education officer

What he said, basically. Just don't let it go unanswered. If worst comes to worst, talk to Aoife Kenny about it, she'll sort you out in no time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement