Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOSI & Ulster Bank and distressed property mortgages etc

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

zac8 wrote: »
    The last three auctions have been mostly bank of scotland repossessions. Not sure if that's the case for this auction.

Bank of Scotland is that the same entity as Ulster bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

ronan45 wrote: »

No - Ulster Bank are owned by Royal Bank of Scotland....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

No - Ulster Bank are owned by Royal Bank of Scotland....

Ah ok I didnt realise Bank of scotland gave out many mortgages in Ireland never really noticed any of their branches around :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ronan45 wrote: »

RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland), BOSI (Bank of Scotland, Ireland) and Ulster Bank- are all members of the Royal Bank of Scotland umbrella group of companies (and in which the UK government holds an 84% stake/share).

Bank of Scotland is a separate legal entity from Ulster Bank- they are however sister companies, operating under the same umbrella (and indeed owned in the same manner, by the same shareholders).

This explains things in detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

smccarrick wrote: »
    RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland), BOSI (Bank of Scotland, Ireland) and Ulster Bank- are all members of the Royal Bank of Scotland umbrella group of companies (and in which the UK government holds an 84% stake/share).

Bank of Scotland is a separate legal entity from Ulster Bank- they are however sister companies, operating under the same umbrella (and indeed owned in the same manner, by the same shareholders).

This explains things in detail.

Uh, no.

RBS and BOS are sworn enemies of centuries standing. BOS became part of HBOS (Halifax Bank of Scotland in the late 90s) and part of Lloyds Banking Group during the recent financial crisis. It is correct that both have a large UK government shareholding but RBS and BOS are certainly not sister companies under the same umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Why is a moderator encouraging/getting involved in off Topic conversation surely the point of this thread is to discuss the up coming Auction in Dublin giviing that so few banks are lending what has this topic got to do with thread

P.S waiting to get banned for pissing off the moderator/pointing out his mistake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No- I don't get pissed off as easily- and if I make a mistake, I tend to own up to them too.

Me bad- thankyou both for correcting me.

You are quite right that this is dragging the thread off-topic, so I'm going to move it elsewhere.

Thankyou for correcting me.

Shane

Advertisement