Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How about a chance to withdraw a post before a yellow or red card?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LoLth wrote: »
    @stovelid: if you want me to remove the quoted post, let me know.

No worries, It's grand.

Fair enough on the other point too: me I was being a little too caustic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

Honestly i did not mean to open a can of worms or insult anybody.
    it amaze's me that i did so!:confused:

overheal i very much enjoy your posts and respect you,i hope the yellow/red cards are a mistake as this thread has become unreadable (i mean all jumbled on my screen)

if people read post one again it should be read as an attempt to be constructive,not destructive.

that genuinely was what i meant it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hangon wrote: »

if people read post one again it should be read as an attempt to be constructive,not destructive.

that genuinely was what i meant it to be.

and, honestly, thats how I took it. Its tough not to get sucked into tit-for-tat posting when an idea you post gets criticised. If its any consolation, its a good idea but the mod overhead required would not warrant the benefit gained , especially when with a little user responsibility, there is a utility in place that alreayd performs that function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭hangon

LoLth wrote: »
    @hangon:

regarding the original suggestion:

the yellow card warning is exactly that, a warning. thats the notification that the post has breached the charter.
    retracting a post: the issue with that is, anyone subscribed to the thread has already received an email containing the post. Damage is done.

i would go about it like this:

I would delete the bits that offend against the charter or the entire contents of the post, adding through my own admission that it had been pointed out to me by a mod(without naming them) that i had breached the charter.

it would IMO take a lot of the bad feeling out of the Us and them sense that many registered users feel about moderation.

sorry Lolth your previous post was not here before i started typing this one.

Advertisement