Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Laptop Problem

• 12-11-2011 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I have an Acer Laptop but when I went to switch it on this morning I am having a problem.Im getting as far as the desktop but a blue screen pops up with a full page of writing on it.I dont have time to read any of it as it shuts down after about 2 seconds?
    Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Reboot it and as it's booting up before the blue screen appears, press F8 and choose to load windows in Safe mode if you can and see what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭caddy2

im not exactly sure but i think that happened us too and it was a virus. some of the guys were very fast and quickly took a picture of the writing on the screen with their mobile and were able to get the number / id of the particular virus. we still had to take it to get fixed though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭johnire

Thanks everyone for the good advice.
    I sorted the problem using System Restore.....many thanks:D:D:D

Advertisement