Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improve conversation skills!

Options
  • 12-11-2011 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello,
    I work at a marketing firm where presentation skills are required.
    Meetings occur frequently and I need to speak freely and confident infront of people. There is no place for anxiety and nervousness which I totally get, but of course cannot fake. This is something I want to work on, and wondering if you guys can recommend any online resources or real life training you have done and like? Thanks!

Otherwise it's all good! Thanks for the help.

Anton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 myraid

check out toastmasters, most cities have more than one group, google it for your local club, best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I've done a lot of public speaking and presentations but for about 5 years I had no idea what I looked like doing them.

I found it really helpful seeing myself present on video, (just do mock ones for yourself)
    I noticed my own quirks only then, you then can see the uh's and ums, which I have gotten rid of but now I say things like, so anyway which is an improvement but still not great.

Making discursive videos for youtube helped, not everyone's cup of tea but you really get to see how well people are receiving your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Thinking of checking out Toastmasters in the next couple of weeks so I'll report back with updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

Absolutely Toastmasters is the way to go (I'm a member). The best way to build confidence in communications and leadership skills IMHO.

To check them out, just Google for a local clubs, then pop along to the next meeting, each club usually has a meeting every 2 weeks or so.

Let me know if you need more info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Intouch9

Thanks a mill, will do. Looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement