Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any funding to go for an interview

• 12-11-2011 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hello, i am living in cork but have been selected to participate in a two day assesment for a job in dublin next weekend - as i am on jsb - i was wondering would the social welfare contribute anything to the expense of attending this two day event - it looks like €60_70 for train €40 accomadation and €20 food - a lot of money to me - ( it states in the letter that the organisation will not pay for travel or accomadation)- thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

don't think you will have much hope with this, if you really want the job bad enough you will find the money from somewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

The 5 am train out of cork is 21 Euro.the 9pm train from Huston is 26 Euro.You must book online.
    You could ask you local CWO for help.

O2T1254 use this code for a 15% discount if you book today.If you can wait to book on Tuesday look at the bargin alerts forum for the o2 treat code for Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You could check with your Community Welfare Officer re: exceptional needs payment but it probably won't be viewed as an exceptional need.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/SupplementaryWelfareAllowance/Pages/ExceptionalNeedsPayments.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

If you book in advance you can get 10 euro fares.

when is this? You could get to the CWO (get there 40 mins before opening depends on the queues) next week depending on the days they open, and make sure you go to the clinic for your address/street/estate, the one I went to had 4 of them for quiet specific areas.

Now if you go next week and say I need this money there is a small but rather unlikely chance you'll get this, what is your bank balance, do you have any family members living in the area, do you have a partner, do you have a house hold budget to show how you cannot pull together this €100,

CWO's in my experience usually cover what you can't go without and do not have the means to afford, really not sure if travel expenses to an event even for employment would be accepted but it depends on the person.

The thing is I would not stay at home over this amount, you're probably not going to get a chance like this in Cork so the best of luck.

Advertisement