Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from vodafone to 3- can i delay the switchover??

Options
  • 12-11-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a 3 billpay phone (Galaxy S2), only problem is that I've 25 euros credit still on my old phone (vodafone). I want to switch networks. Is there any way i can buy the phone today and delay the actual switchover, until I use up my vodafone credit? I really want to get the phone today!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

If you bought the phone today, it won't accept your Vodafone SIM card as it'll be locked to the Three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Ah, ok I understand. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to wait til my credit is used up! It'll take ages for me cos I've free txts and I'm mainly a txter :( I just realised how much of a moaner I am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you get the phone in a shop today, just tell them the date and time your want to port your number, then your number won't move from Vodafone until the date specified by you in the shop. It'll give you time to use the credit. You can delay the porting by up to 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

In theory you can delay it. In reality one of the carriers will **** it up. Note that Comreg have brought in new rules about this, and if the carrier messes it up they gotta pay you compensation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

srsly78 wrote: »
    In theory you can delay it. In reality one of the carriers will **** it up.

Vodadone weren't allowing anyone out this week not sure if that's fixed yet. No doubt their porting system will collapse at christmas as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

I asked in the shop and they were like no problem, so I said I'd call in during the week to buy the phone (cos the Samsung S2 was out of stock). But they were so pushy, trying to make me pay for it today without actually getting it. They actually wouldn't let me leave!

Advertisement