Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know good Handyman Athlone

Options
  • 12-11-2011 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a good general handyman to do some electrical and maintenance work on a house that hasnt had much done in it recently.
    It could do with some shelving so woodwork would be good too.
    Im looking for someone I can trust to do good work at a fair price.
    Any recommendations posted here or by pm would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Ambersky wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for a good general handyman to do some electrical and maintenance work on a house that hasnt had much done in it recently.

If you dont employ a registered electrician and somebody gets an electrical shock you risk been sued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

Ambersky wrote: »

You need to employ an electrical contractor you are leaving yourself open to liability or worse case a fire due to poor electrical work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Offay and T Corolla your probably right about the electrical work.
    That can be so dangerous if it is done wrong.
    Someone has kindly sent me a pm with the name of someone who can do carpentry construction and gardening.
    Does anyone else have any experience of someone doing good honest work for them in their own home in the Athlone region?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

My fiancee's brother is a qualified/regitered electrician. He's in Rathangan but travels for work, no problem. Would you like his number or did you get sorted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

I think we are ok for the electrician part of things.
    We were more looking for someone who knew quite a bit about household maintenance, was very trustworthy and knew when to call in experts if needed.
    This person as well as being able to carry out some of the work himself would hopefully be able to oversee other workers like electricians and tell us if the work was being carried out well.

Ive heard a little more about someone who seems to fit the above bill by pm and we may be sorted so thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement