Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So they've banned calculators on all sections of the GAMSAT now.

• 12-11-2011 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

"Q Can I bring a calculator to the test?
    A No, calculators are not permitted in any section of the test."

http://gamsat.acer.edu.au/faq

anyone with an old score applying this year? hell yeah. :cool:

bumped into it cause i wanted to admire my old score, still cant find the log in on the new website :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

i never used one, not necessary really.

what was ur old score?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

i never used one, not necessary really.

what was ur old score?
    try telling that to the arts students who dont know how to multiply fractions.

&

enough to avoid the places i want to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

I've noticed that. Whatever about people not being able to multiply fractions, its about speed in section three and not having a calc. to do these quickly, I think, will slow us down a little.

try telling that to the arts students who dont know how to multiply fractions.

&

enough to avoid the places i want to avoid.

Try telling that to the arts students who majored in mathematics.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭cliona88

As an music and anthropology student, I didn't need a calculator. it slowed me down if anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Didn't even turn my calculator on during section 3 last march. Doing the sample papers never seemed to turn it off.

Advertisement