Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunhill Castle Map

Options
  • 12-11-2011 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭

Hi im doing a project in college of Dunhill castle. Does anyone know anywhere to get hold of a map of the castle online. need one in my project.

also any information on the castle would be perfect

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I did something similar with a class, and honestly it does not take genius to google and find any amount of information.

As to the map, the standard Ordnance Survey gives as much information as you are likely to get. It shows contour lines and nearby ruins.

Go up there and study it - even from the outside you can figure out where the lines of the walls were, combine this with the information you will find by googling 'Dunhill Castle' and you can get a pretty good idea of what it was like when it was built.

tl:dr Your project, your research.

Afterthought: it is not necessary to do all research on line, there are libraries, books, maps - go and look in the local history section of the Lady Lane library.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

looksee wrote: »
    I did something similar with a class, and honestly it does not take genius to google and find any amount of information.

As to the map, the standard Ordnance Survey gives as much information as you are likely to get. It shows contour lines and nearby ruins.

Go up there and study it - even from the outside you can figure out where the lines of the walls were, combine this with the information you will find by googling 'Dunhill Castle' and you can get a pretty good idea of what it was like when it was built.

tl:dr Your project, your research.

Afterthought: it is not necessary to do all research on line, there are libraries, books, maps - go and look in the local history section of the Lady Lane library.

i went up there yesterday. there is so much development that can be done with the area imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭looksee

:eek: development?

Advertisement