Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Shower

• 12-11-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

The Shower at my parents is beyond economical repair so it has to be replaced,
    It's a Mira Elite and it was about six years old.
    Now they are thinking of replacing it with a Triton T90i because they are worried that the same will happen again if they get another Mira.
    The house has a water softener so that side of things are ok.

Now the question is will the Triton T90i be any more reliable than the Mira was
    and also will it leave any exposed mounting holes from where the mira was drilled to the tiles
    which will look unsightly.
    Any advise appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Your first port of call is to check the power requirements of your old shower and then what type/size cable supplying it. Then check the power requirement of the new shower to make sure you can safely run it.

Shower only has a couple of screws fixing it. Fill the old holes with sealant and place the new shower over the old holes. You will need a special drill bit to drill holes in your tiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Standard 5.5 masonry bit without hammer action on will drill most wall tiles easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I know about the fitting side of things,
    It's the reliability i need to find out about,
    eg. should they replace it with another Mira or change to the Triton ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I know about the fitting side of things,
    It's the reliability i need to find out about,
    eg. should they replace it with another Mira or change to the Triton ?

What actually happened the Mira? They are usually fairly reliable, particularly the Elite 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

My mira shower broke a few months ago. It was the thermostat went luckily enough I knew someone that had one in their garage with only a faulty switch. I put in the replacement shower and used the switch from my old shower and it has worked perfect since. You can also buy new replacement parts here they also give free advice on how to install parts and what the problem is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

It first Broke about 2 years ago and they had it fixed and now it's gone again the service engineer told then that it was uneconomical to fix this time,
    I don't know what the problem is to be honest but the service guy was was doing himself out of a job buy not fixing it so they are trusting his judgement on it as he had nothing to gain by saying it.

It first Broke about 2 years ago and they had it fixed and now it's gone again the service engineer told then that it was uneconomical to fix this time,
    I don't know what the problem is to be honest but the service guy was was doing himself out of a job buy not fixing it so they are trusting his judgement on it as he had nothing to gain by saying it.
    I got a member of the family to fix my shower (he repairs household appliances) he opened it up 2 minutes later said that shower is fcuked buy a new one :rolleyes: I didn't go with his advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I got a member of the family to fix my shower (he repairs household appliances) he opened it up 2 minutes later said that shower is fcuked buy a new one :rolleyes: I didn't go with his advice.

What did he think was wrong with it? They are one of the simplest devices to check and find problems that they might have.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    What did he think was wrong with it? They are one of the simplest devices to check and find problems that they might have.
    Thermostat fixed it myself after.

Advertisement