Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe and Euro 2012 READ FIRST POST!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Jacqal

In other part of Poland - they have oferty same rules (4000 zlotys in advance -14 dana before renting). Might be a general rule ...

Not oferty but PRETTY

I've posted also other rentals in Poznan and near Poznan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Hi Jacqal great to have all your advice in this thread thanks! I've booked into this hotel. Is the stadium and/or fanzone on the same side of Poznan as this place? Any ideas if buses run out in that direction or is taxi best?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Chopper83

I've booked into the campsite into Pozan, has anyone else? Not sure if I should be regretting it as a panic buy considering the crazy prices being quoted initially.

For anyone looking into accomodation in Pozan I heard they might be opening up university dorms as an option.

Now looking into accomodation in Gdansk, don't fancy camping, I hear Sopot is the place to be.

• Advertisement

http://www.wypozyczalnia-kamperow.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=55

Have checked their policy - they require 4000 deposit "on site" when You rent a camper. Unfortunately the webpage is in Polish and they're some 150 km from Poznan

• Registered Users Posts: 23 m0227021

That's fine so, I'll stick with the one I have, just was a bit worried about it. Thanks for looking into it.

g0g wrote: »
    Hi Jacqal great to have all your advice in this thread thanks! I've booked into this hotel. Is the stadium and/or fanzone on the same side of Poznan as this place? Any ideas if buses run out in that direction or is taxi best?

It is ca.4 km walk from the last stop of Poznan trams and buses BUT from the bus stop it will take You less then 15 minutes to get to the Stadium. And You have two local buses (610 or 702) near hotel to get to the Poznan transport system. To the fanazone it will be some 20 minutes by tram

I'm Pretty sure that local authorities will negotiate with universities to open their dorms (students end their academic year by the beginning of June)

If You wonna check how far from the stadium and Fanzone Your hotel is located go to the site:
    http://poznan.jakdojade.pl/?locale=en

and in the upper left corner enter the name of the street (in case of troubles with Polish letters on Your keyboard the suggestions will appear) and on the right side enter:

Stadion Miejski in case You are looking for the Stadium
    Plac Wolnosci in case You are looking for the Fanzone

You will see the map, and suggestions how to get from the hotel to the desired places.

And BTW the application is available form Android Market. You can also use Your mobile browser: m.jakdojade.pl

Have fun !

I shall be leaving by now. Wife and wine are waiting

P.S.

You can do the same for Gdansk - change Your city for Metropolia Zatoki Gdanskiej (Trojmiasto). Gdansk is a part of so-called Tri-City (Gdansk-Gdynia-Sopot).

• Advertisement

I have jest heard on local radio - a tent-city for 3.000 people will be put up in the center of Poznan (in a parki near ARENA concert hall)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

m0227021 wrote: »
    Hi Jacqui,

http://www.camp-rent.pl/english.htm
    require :
    30 % 4-5 days after we sign the contract to book the camper van
    Second 70 % 3 weeks before rent date
    Deposit - 4000 plz block on your Credit Card
    1-2 days before rent date

Is this normal? I would have thought a deposit before paying
    on the day would be ok

I have been looking at this company as well,there terms seem similar to most of the companies I have looked at.
    Its a little difficult to use the website with the language barrier but it seems ok.
    Has anyone anymore info on the company?Are they legit?are they a well known company in Poland?

That's the issue, if we pay 400 euro now and 900 3 weeks before arrival what security do we have? What's the best way to transfer money? They're looking for either credit card or bank transfer

I've checked many sites and found no opinion about that rental. I believe that kind of service must not be especially popular.

I may leave it so, seems strange to ask for so much up front and there to be no reviews online of the website.

I've sent them an e-mail raising the problem of deposit to be paid in advance. Will let You know about the answer.

Thanks a mill, I've already emailed them and they've said its a gaurantee for them. No problem paying the deposit but paying for the whole rental plus a security before arriving is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

What would a taxi cost from Poznan to Torun late at night ?

In an e-mail they've basically reitereted their conditions and assured that the contract is a kind of guaratnee for the customer. They've suggested to visit their oulet. Maybe I will do it some other time. Right now the link to their English page: http://www.camelcamp.pl/english.htm Latenight TAXI from Poznan to Toruń is ca. 1000 zł (right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

tipp1986 wrote: »
    What would a taxi cost from Poznan to Torun late at night ?

afaik,there are 2 late trains 3am and 5am.
    also the lads over on YBIG.ie are organising buses to Poznan/gdansk from Torun on match days.

A new timetable for EURO should be announced by Polish Railways somewhere in the spring 2012. There will be more connections between host cities. And the journey time from Poznan to Gdańsk will shortned from 5,5 h to 3H 45 min

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I would like to recommend the official site, prepared for fans:
    http://www.polishguide2012.pl/en/your-guide

You will find a lot of useful info and tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Anyone else travelling through Szczecin? Seems like the perfect gateway. Train is 2.5-3 hours direct to Poznan and apparently costs only €7.

Just booked my flight there on Ryanair. €335 including one checked bag from Dublin leaving Fri Jun 8th and coming back Wed Jun 20th. I'll go straight to Poznan on the 8th and return to Szczecin on Tues Jun 19th and stay over in a cheap hostel and watch England's last group game before flying home the next morning.

I had a look at pretty much every other flight option and this is the one that made most sense to me. Might be useful for anyone else who hasn't booked flights yet.

As an alternative airports (with convenient train connections with Poznan) You can also take into account: Bydgoszcz and Lodz (Łódź)

http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en

IT IS NOT THE ONE THAT WILL BE VAKID DURING EURO2012 but it gives You the general idea of how easy it is to travel between specific cities. During Euro there should be even easier (more connections) to get to the host cities. Krępuje in mind to check in each case proper railway station (in majority of cities it will be CITY GŁÓWNY which means Central)

Anyone else travelling through Szczecin? Seems like the perfect gateway. Train is 2.5-3 hours direct to Poznan and apparently costs only €7.

Just booked my flight there on Ryanair. €335 including one checked bag from Dublin leaving Fri Jun 8th and coming back Wed Jun 20th. I'll go straight to Poznan on the 8th and return to Szczecin on Tues Jun 19th and stay over in a cheap hostel and watch England's last group game before flying home the next morning.

I had a look at pretty much every other flight option and this is the one that made most sense to me. Might be useful for anyone else who hasn't booked flights yet.

Price of Intercity from Szczecin to Poznan (second class with obligatory reserved seat) would be arround 25-30€

• Advertisement

When You need a car navigation for Poland and do not have a map of the country but are a proud owner of a smartphone...

When You use iPhone (or iPad) I would recommend AutoMapa (the interface is shown on http://www.automapa.pl/iOS/) downloadable from AppStore. That's absolultely no1 among navigations avaliable on the market.

In case of Android or WindowsMobile phones You can use MapaMap (downloadable from https://market.android.com/details?id=com.imagis.mapamap&feature=search_). Don't be put off by a high number of "one-stars". I personally have been using those maps for over one year and they're quite reliable (and free for a week!)

In both cases English voices can be activated ( in case of AutoMapa: American English, British English, Australian English etc).

Advertisement