Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe and Euro 2012 READ FIRST POST!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Jacqal wrote: »
    Price of Intercity from Szczecin to Poznan (second class with obligatory reserved seat) would be arround 25-30€

Coming up as costing 35PLN on the train website. So that is about €8 or so, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Jacqal

I was monitoring Intercity, that covers the distance about 20 minutes faster (and in better standard of travelling). In case of InterReggio and TLK the price is arround 10€ (41-44 zł).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭MrMojoRisin'

Is there any more information available online anywhere about that tent city that carlsberg is setting up in the center of Poznan?

One thing is for sure - there will be a fancamp in Poznan. A link
    http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Has anyone had any luck with booking campervans? Seems a lot of places are booked up, nothing Germany at the moment anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

big_show wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with booking campervans? Seems a lot of places are booked up, nothing Germany at the moment anyways.

Made a booking with www.finserv.pl

It's in Polish but Google translate should get you through it. Booked flights into Bydgoszcz with Ryanair.

If you're going as a family try this guy http://www.camper.bydgoszcz.pl/cennik.php. He didn't want to rent to 6 lads but he might be ok with a family :pac:

If You are interested in the country You may download an awesome FREE application ABOUT POLSKA - from AppStore (for iPad) or Android Market. Strongly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Anybody know best place to transfer small amounts of money abroad I'm sending deposits to Poland for EUro 2012 accom.... Ulster bank charged me €12.60 i think and then got charged €12.49 on the polish side to put €40 in an account! Ridiculous! Any time I look up online for any bank or western union etc. I can't see rates anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Anybody know best place to transfer small amounts of money abroad I'm sending deposits to Poland for EUro 2012 accom.... Ulster bank charged me €12.60 i think and then got charged €12.49 on the polish side to put €40 in an account! Ridiculous! Any time I look up online for any bank or western union etc. I can't see rates anywhere!
    Could you maybe ask them to accept a VISA payment or Paypal instead?

g0g wrote: »
    Could you maybe ask them to accept a VISA payment or Paypal instead?

tried to offer paypal but they wudn't accept... didn't fancy sending my visa details over email... maybe i could ring them up and do visa... I'll try that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 maccerrs

hello, i'm maccerrs and this is my first post.
    I am going interrailing and to euro 2012 this summer with 3friends.
    a bit of information on us, we'll all be 20 or 21 at the time, are looking for places with great nightlife but we also want to see some of the culture.
    i know there are plenty of threads about interrailing but i was hoping to get some feedback and tips about my specific trip.
    I would really appreciate anyone who has experienced interrailing or similar trips to give me any feedback/tips/ideas you have.

here's our provisional plan:
    • fly to berlin on june 6th (3nights)
    • over to Poznan, poland (3nights seeing ireland vs croatia)
    • up Gdansk (3nights seeing Ireland vs Spain)
    • thats it for us at the euros and now interrailing, first to Krakow (2nights)
    • then Budapest for 2nights
    • Zagreb (1night)
    • Split (2nights)
    • Zrce beach,Pag Island (2nights)
    • Ljubljana (1night)
    • Lake Bled (2nights)
    • Munich (2nights)
    • Finishing in Prague (2nights then fly home)

what do you think of that route? too much? not enough time in certain cities? are we leaving out any great cities? we are open to any suggestions!

we are thinking just over 2000euro everything included should get us by, bearing in mind we don't mind cooking our own meals, staying in cheaper hostels, drinking the cheapest beer ha etc...

we would really appreciate any help you could give us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

What started as a bit of a joke has spiralled out of control!! Don't know how but myself and this group of Irish fans have some how received our free pass to Poland!http://www.facebook.com/pages/Back-the-Bid-The-Lads-Are-off-to-Europe/287685847933092

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

Hi,

Me and my friends are renting a campervan from Berlin and driving to Poznan and Gdansk. We are having a lot of trouble finding campsites. As far as I can see there is only 1 or 2 in Poznan and 1 or 2 in Gdansk that have websites. Are there campsites that just dont have websites or is it that they just dont have many campsites over there?

Surely some temporary sites will be set up to accommodate the thousands of people set to hit the city?! Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Lojak

Rocksteadykk

Adverts | Friends
    Camping in Poznan/Gdansk
    Hi,

Me and my friends are renting a campervan from Berlin and driving to Poznan and Gdansk. We are having a lot of trouble finding campsites. As far as I can see there is only 1 or 2 in Poznan and 1 or 2 in Gdansk that have websites. Are there campsites that just dont have websites or is it that they just dont have many campsites over there?

Surely some temporary sites will be set up to accommodate the thousands of people set to hit the city? Surely?

This link might help! they are an irish company setting up an irish fans village!

http://www.dbsportstours.ie/?p=1195

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rocksteadykk

Thanks for the replies! Those fan sites look interesting but I was talking more about campsites with spaces for campervans. I presume if they have these spaces they will also provide spaces for people driving with vans! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Robotnic

big_show wrote: »

Haw far west is the nearest available camper now? Netherlands, Belgium Austria!? Time for plan B Rental car and tents?

Thanks for the replies! Those fan sites look interesting but I was talking more about campsites with spaces for campervans. I presume if they have these spaces they will also provide spaces for people driving with vans! :D

Try this one - it's only 17 km from city center:
    http://www.wigwam.agro.pl/

You can easily translate the page using Google Translate

maccerrs wrote: »
    a bit of information on us, we'll all be 20 or 21 at the time, are looking for places with great nightlife but we also want to see some of the culture.
    i know there are plenty of threads about interrailing but i was hoping to get some feedback and tips about my specific trip.
    I would really appreciate anyone who has experienced interrailing or similar trips to give me any feedback/tips/ideas you have.

• Zagreb (1night)
    • Split (2nights)
    • Ljubljana (1night)
    • Lake Bled (2nights)
    • Munich (2nights)

what do you think of that route? too much? not enough time in certain cities? are we leaving out any great cities? we are open to any suggestions!

we are thinking just over 2000euro everything included should get us by, bearing in mind we don't mind cooking our own meals, staying in cheaper hostels, drinking the cheapest beer ha etc...

Try this one: http://issuu.com/pl2011.eu/docs/about_poland

About POLSKA is also available as a free aplication for iPad (looks awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The Irish fan village will have spaces for camper vans according to their Facebook page.

• Advertisement

Exactly 30 km from the Stadium:
    http://www.agrozalew.vgh.pl/viewpage.php?page_id=9

And becuase You will need a reliable navigation here're a few suggestions (in case You have a smartphone):

(7-day free trial) https://market.android.com/details?id=com.imagis.mapamap&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5pbWFnaXMubWFwYW1hcCJd

(7-day free trial. for every operation system) http://www.naviexpert.pl/darmowa-nawigacja-GPS-do-pobrania

(for iPhones) http://www.automapa.pl/?PEI=10866&article_id=246902

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭deem79

A decent option is to use www.currencyfair.com

Set up by Irish lads.

It's an online peer-to-peer foreign exchange site (like Betfair)

So you can get a good rate converting Eur to PLN and then transfer your PLN to any account in Poland.

The only downside is you need to provide Utility bills/Passport for money-laundering purposes, but no hassle for anyone with access to a scanner.

I've used this a lot (Polish wife) - it's very handy.

maccerrs wrote: »

• Zagreb (1night)
    • Split (2nights)
    • Ljubljana (1night)
    • Lake Bled (2nights)
    • Munich (2nights)

I'd have 2 suggestions.

Maybe skip Munich and spend more time on the Croatian Islands ?

Nothing against Munich at all, but seeing as you're already in Croatia, may as well so a bit of island hopping, Munich is an easy weekender at any stage from Ireland.

Krakow is unbelievable for nightlife..... possibly an extra night there? (also a trip to Auschwitz is grim, but worth doing)

deem79 wrote: »
    A decent option is to use www.currencyfair.com

Set up by Irish lads.

It's an online peer-to-peer foreign exchange site (like Betfair)

So you can get a good rate converting Eur to PLN and then transfer your PLN to any account in Poland.

The only downside is you need to provide Utility bills/Passport for money-laundering purposes, but no hassle for anyone with access to a scanner.

I've used this a lot (Polish wife) - it's very handy.

That's seems very handy! If a day too late! as i just transfered more yesterday... when transferring in Zloty the charge is a lot more..... i'll be using this next time! Nice one! How long did it take to get ur account verified do you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

As a heads up, for France 98 and Holland/Belgium 2000 they had free travel on trains/buses on the match days for ticket holders. This got us from Amsterdam to Eindhoven and other trips so I would think they still do the same, might be worth checking for those staying a bit outside the match cities.

That's seems very handy! If a day too late! as i just transfered more yesterday... when transferring in Zloty the charge is a lot more..... i'll be using this next time! Nice one! How long did it take to get ur account verified do you remember?

It was very quick -only a couple of days, max.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭pa12

http://www.domki.yoyo.pl/ 600e 2weeks 3people cabin. bit away but looks good for people with transport,also 200e deposit.400e when u get there witch isnt bad.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Conor Griffin, Barry Kirwan, Eamon Concannon and Stephen Fealy.If any of the users here are one of these people can they please PM me.There name's were mentioned to me in an email about accommodation.Would like to hear have they actually booked the place.

Just booked flights to Euro 2012! Who'd have thunk that the cheapest way to get there is via Oslo! (Dublin - Oslo, Oslo - Poznan is €93.40 on June 8th/9th for anybody who hasn't booked flights yet, with ryanair - thats the price for purchasing with mywirecard in order to avoid the €12 in cc charges).

• Advertisement

For anybody driving over this could be an efficient way of getting hot food en route!
    http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Food-on-Your-Car's-Engine

Advertisement