Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe and Euro 2012 READ FIRST POST!!!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Presume we can just buy a sim in a phone shop over there? Once we have unlocked phones.

• Site Banned Posts: 161 ✭✭John37

Just wodering how much money would be advisable to take to Poland if I was only going for 6 full days and was planning to spend wisely (low budegt). I don't drink so will save on that also. It would only be needed for food, entertainment/attractions etc because the accomodation has been paid for already

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

finbarrk wrote: »
    Presume we can just buy a sim in a phone shop over there? Once we have unlocked phones.

I was just on the live chat too. The sim packs are available in all Orange shops in Poland and also in Ruch shops. Not sure what Ruch is but assume it's some sort of chain.

If you're on O2, you can request your unlock code from the following link http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730#NUC2

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Jacqal

I was just on the live chat too. The sim packs are available in all Orange shops in Poland and also in Ruch shops. Not sure what Ruch is but assume it's some sort of chain.

If you're on O2, you can request your unlock code from the following link http://www.o2online.ie/o2/help/article.php?aid=55730#NUC2

Ruch is a chain of newsagent's kiosks. ORANGE Starters You will buy in hundreds of places.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 polish_fan

John37 wrote: »
    Just wodering how much money would be advisable to take to Poland if I was only going for 6 full days and was planning to spend wisely (low budegt). I don't drink so will save on that also. It would only be needed for food, entertainment/attractions etc because the accomodation has been paid for already

I'd say about 350-450 PLN. Bus and Tram tickets are about 3 PLN, dinner is about 20 PLN, however it may be more because of price increase. There are cheap markets such as "Biedronka" and "Lidl" when you can buy cheap food and drinks.

About carriers, there are 4:
    Orange
    Play
    T-Mobile
    Plus GSM

You can buy pre-paid cards from one of their shops, no problem with that. Of course phone must be unlocked.

If you will be in Gdansk, and you don't have a place to stay yet, check out this:

The Fan Enclave campsite

There will be events such as paintball and music. There are also telebims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Jacqal wrote: »
    Ruch is a chain of newsagent's kiosks. ORANGE Starters You will buy in hundreds of places.

Thanks Jacqal. I'll try and get one in the airport maybe.

Advertisement