Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got suspended from Xbox Live for a month...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its unfair yes, but theres not much you can do. You're fighting on their terms.
    And it will never change unless people point out just how stupid some of these actions are. Raising these issues will hopefully make them think about the actions they take in similar situations.

Do you not think its a bit ridiculous that anyone should serve a ban for using the words"suck it and see"

If you feel they deserved the ban, please tell me where the insult is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well in a perfect world we'd all turn around and go "ah i see what you did there, funny"

But take that out of context and you and everyone else can see that "suck it and see" isnt exactly PC.... and you are warned when you sign up to be fair.

Well in a perfect world we'd all turn around and go "ah i see what you did there, funny"

But take that out of context and you and everyone else can see that "suck it and see" isnt exactly PC.... and you are warned when you sign up to be fair.

Right so you are asking us to take it out of context so a ban can be enforced. Is it not the person that takes it out of context that is in the wrong and should be making the apologies not the op.

And this has been well covered before, Microsoft t&c's do not out weigh Irish and european consumer law. So what that means is they need a good reason to withdraw the service that you are paying for not a mickey mouse one as given above.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A rule is a rule....

If you joined a library and were told in the T&Cs that you werent allowed talk. And you were suspended from the library for talking, you'd take your punishment would you not?

A rule is a rule....

If you joined a library and were told in the T&Cs that you werent allowed talk. And you were suspended from the library for talking, you'd take your punishment would you not?

Your analogy is not like for like. I would expect to be kicked out of the library for talking loudly. And if you go over your limits with a broadband company too I would expect to be cut off.

Now telling me the op's text is profane and deserves a ban, I must disargee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 xxtallaghtxx

I got banned twice for what was in my BIO. basically people know nothing is done about what u say or do in a game but its easy for M$ to check whats on your profile. And my god are they strict about that... Im just playing it safe and leaving it Blank now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

NORTH1 wrote: »
    And it will never change unless people point out just how stupid some of these actions are. Raising these issues will hopefully make them think about the actions they take in similar situations.

Do you not think its a bit ridiculous that anyone should serve a ban for using the words"suck it and see"

If you feel they deserved the ban, please tell me where the insult is?

Well firstly they are well in their rights to ban him for breach of contract ... that thing you clicked on "I agree to the terms and conditions of xbox live"? I he had actually read what he was agreeing to he would have seen that the final word and judgement on what can be considered offensive is with MS and not the subscriber.

So legally they were well in their rights. Socially , yes - "suck it and see" would be considered an inuendo as more people would recognize it as such than those that would recognize it as a movie quote. Live is E rated for a reason, would you say "suck it and see" to a 4 year old in mothercare? If not , then dont have it in your profile where a 4 year old is perfectly entitled to see it otherwise you are breaching the contract you made wih MS by clicking "I agree".

Dont like it? Dont agree to the terms and conditions. Dont use xbox live.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Well firstly they are well in their rights to ban him for breach of contract ... that thing you clicked on "I agree to the terms and conditions of xbox live"? I he had actually read what he was agreeing to he would have seen that the final word and judgement on what can be considered offensive is with MS and not the subscriber.

So legally they were well in their rights. Socially , yes - "suck it and see" would be considered an inuendo as more people would recognize it as such than those that would recognize it as a movie quote. Live is E rated for a reason, would you say "suck it and see" to a 4 year old in mothercare? If not , then dont have it in your profile where a 4 year old is perfectly entitled to see it otherwise you are breaching the contract you made wih MS by clicking "I agree".

Dont like it? Dont agree to the terms and conditions. Dont use xbox live.

Microsoft seem to have no problem telling people to suck it up, and suck it and see, was a common enough saying were I'm from and it has no sexual connotations.

I have also used the phrase to my kids in trying to get them to try something they believe to be to difficulty. It is amazing how difficult something is in the mind until to give it a try then find out it wasn't as hard as you thought....suck it and see....

I remember you saying somewhere you had a kid, I can see you using the quote above some time in the future...

I think the advise above is best, just leave it blank and ignore the screaming profanity and claims that they will hack your account from the twelve year old kids that are filling the servers on-line.

Advertisement