Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show competition

• 12-11-2011 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Every week the Late Late has some very tempting prizes for its phone-in competition. If the show rakes in 250,000 viewers each week, how many of these enter the competition? Just want to know what kind of odds I'm up against.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Nodin_ wrote: »
    Every week the Late Late has some very tempting prizes for its phone-in competition. If the show rakes in 250,000 viewers each week, how many of these enter the competition? Just want to know what kind of odds I'm up against.

The Late Late show pulls in well over half a million viewers, and it used to be closer to a million viewers, but the viewer ratings are on a continuous decline as of recently, but i would imagine thousands upon thousands enter the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I wonder do the phone callers have a better chance than the texters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nodin_

I stand corrected. The Late Late Show averages over 500,000 viewers each week. The producers must make a nice tidy profit: offer a prize worth €10,000. If even half the viewers enter the competition that's 250,000 x €1 entry cost = €250,000. A bunch of us could get together and organise a similar raffle. Might wipe the smug smile from Tubridy's face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭SlowJack

Nodin_ wrote: »
    I stand corrected. The Late Late Show averages over 500,000 viewers each week. The producers must make a nice tidy profit: offer a prize worth €10,000. If even half the viewers enter the competition that's 250,000 x €1 entry cost = €250,000. A bunch of us could get together and organise a similar raffle. Might wipe the smug smile from Tubridy's face.

Good ideal, lets get our own raffle going, I'm in for €1.00 per week........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nodin_

Nice prize tonight lads. A new Suzuki SX4 car worth over €20,000. On top of that, they're throwing in €10,000 cash too. Worth entering for the sake of a €1 text message. Who else is entering?

http://www.rte.ie/tv/competitions/latelate.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

200,000/1 guestimate

Advertisement