Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

DJW22 wrote: »
    Cheers. Have wired my last two Magnetic Contact sensors!!!. This should the end of the wiring part for me

While working on this install I disconnected the intenal battery of the SABB. Can I leave this disconnected permanently? The SABB is really high up on a two storey A big deal to get up to it. Will a fault be registered on the keypad if I leave it disconnected? I am installing a HKC securewave alarm.

Cheers guys

ps Thanks for all the help

You can and it will not show a fault but if an intruder was to down power your alarm system then the outside bell would go dead too. I would reconnect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DJW22

Hi there,

I have a PIR in a sitting room with a much used fireplace. The PIR is picking up the heat source and is always being triggered. It is a Pyronix PIR. I have reduced the sensitivity by removing the bridging contact in the PIR itself but still is too sensitive. Any ideas?

DJW22

Cheers. Have wired my last two Magnetic Contact sensors!!!. This should the end of the wiring part for me

While working on this install I disconnected the intenal battery of the SABB. Can I leave this disconnected permanently? The SABB is really high up on a two storey A big deal to get up to it. Will a fault be registered on the keypad if I leave it disconnected? I am installing a HKC securewave alarm.

Cheers guys

ps Thanks for all the help

Other than moving the detector you could install a Dual Tech PIR.

How about blocking half the sensor with a piece of insulation tape (from the inside)? Will give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi there,

I have a PIR in a sitting room with a much used fireplace. The PIR is picking up the heat source and is always being triggered. It is a Pyronix PIR. I have reduced the sensitivity by removing the bridging contact in the PIR itself but still is too sensitive. Any ideas?

DJW22
    How about blocking half the sensor with a piece of insulation tape (from the inside)? Will give it a shot tomorrow and see what happens

It may work but its really hit & miss. A duel tec is the correct solution.

• Advertisement

Cheers, will let you know how I get on

That is ok in theory but never really works. The PIR works by picking up on temperature rises in an area. You will still have the same issue as hot air rises. You best bet is to replace with a dual tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 conor o brien

altor wrote: »
    Yes, that is correct. You will need to set up the voice option for the zones to get a description of what has activated.
    Hi altor, sorry for coming back to this, I have just installed this panel and wondering if it will also text me if my UPC conected phone can send text. Another words doing the job of a GSM unit without the price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can not send text over a UPC line.

Hi altor, sorry for coming back to this, I have just installed this panel and wondering if it will also text me if my UPC conected phone can send text. Another words doing the job of a GSM unit without the price.

Hi Conor,

The 10/70 using the DTV wont send text but you can use voice with the UPC. What this means is any audio zone programmed will tell you of the activation's.

Another option is to use the GSM-Q which plugs direct onto the board.
    Half the price of the GSM-P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 conor o brien

Thanks altor, got myself one of those GSM-Q units today pretty nifty little thing.
    Got myself a meteor pay as you go SIM and all is up and running.
    Thanks for the help not just this but for your many post through out boards.
    and thanks to koolkid for your time.:D

Thanks altor, got myself one of those GSM-Q units today pretty nifty little thing.
    Got myself a meteor pay as you go SIM and all is up and running.
    Thanks for the help not just this but for your many post through out boards.
    and thanks to koolkid for your time.:D

Nice and neat as its a plug on. You can also control the outputs on the board of the 10/70 to control lights/heat, any device you can turn on and off.

Try my best Conor :D

Advertisement