Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time limit between starting threads

Options
  • 12-11-2011 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Could this be introduced, i.e. if you create a thread, you must wait 5/10 minutes before creating another? Seems like it would cut down on the amount of sports streams spam that the forum gets hit with in waves. At one stage today, the American Football forum's entire first page and half the second page were all these threads (mods acted quickly though, fair play to them). Just a thought.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

One thread every 3 minutes if you've got less than 50 posts, would be a good idea IMO :)

Don't know how possible it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

most of those threads were by different usernames (one actually spammed another spammers thread :) which was nice and easy).

However the thread start limit isnt a bad idea at all for users with less than X posts. I would be almost positive it is something that has been discussed before though as I think its a standard setting on most forum applications. Maybe there was a techie issue that stopped it from being implemented before but no harm in revisiting it in case the situation has changed.

ps. thanks for the spam reports. made things a lot easier to clean up.

Advertisement