Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Canal Theatre - Annoying Booking system

• 12-11-2011 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

I have yet to actually see the Grand Canal Theatre. The reason is its annoying booking system. They use Ticketmaster instead of their own box office. Buying tickets for the Grand Canal Theatre is a bit of a blind dip through an obstacle course. First you have to select one only performance and a stated price level. Next you have to guess their blurred words to get through the first obstacle. (even worse is the sound-only version of this: its practically impossible to hear what the indistinctly spoken words are supposed to be, above a deliberate distraction background noise) Then if you do get through you may find no tickets at the price you want. It does not tell you if seats are available on another night or at another price: You have to go through the whole thing all over again checking each performance and price in a process of elimination! Then IF you find they have tickets at the price you are seeking you get no choice of which seats - they just allocate you seats on a take-it-or-leave it basis and all with a countdown clock before you are disconnected. No question of which seats you would like as with the National Concert Hall. Countless times I have begun the process of trying to get seats and just given up. It just not worth the hassle!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep, annoying at hell. I think i joined their facebook group just so I could give out. In any case, best bet is to just ring up their box office and give ur CC over the phone. Got to choose my own seats as well :)

Advertisement