Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invalidity pension

• 12-11-2011 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am nearly two years claiming IB am therefore in the process of applying for IP. However my doctor wants to put on the form that i would be fit to take up part-time rehablitation work. Will this affect my claim for IP?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

People on IP are allowed do rehabilitative work.
    Invalidity Pension and work

You may be allowed to do rehabilitative work (up to a maximum 20 hours per week) and keep your Invalidity Pension. You must get written approval from the Department of Social Protection before you start work. The Department decides if the work is rehabilitative.

This is a hard one to call when only making a claim for IP I'm not sure I would like the word 'work' mentioned at all at this stage but may make no difference.

Advertisement