Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

low pressure from triton t90z

• 12-11-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

hi,
    i dont know much about showers but i'll try explain this as best i can. i had a mira event xs thermostatic shower, it was a plug in one and the water was taken from the boiler so we had to heat the water before showering which was a pain. we decided to get a triton t90z pumped electric shower installed but the water pressure is not anywhere near as good as the mira. my question is, is it normal that the pressure would be so much lower from the triton? i thought the pressure would be similar to the mira, the only difference being that we could shower anytime without waiting for the water to heat. if anyone has an opinion or advice it would be appreciated,
    thanks, garclo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

you have went from a shower valve to a pumped electric shower. The pumped electric shower has to now heat and pump the water. This makes it a lot slower. Especially in the winter when it must work harder.

The trade off in showers are what decide its value to you. ie. you have a brilliant pumped shower but needed stored hot water. You now dont need stored water but dont have a good pumped shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

is there any pumped elactric showers that would have a stronger pressure or would they all be roughly similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

garclo wrote: »
    is there any pumped elactric showers that would have a stronger pressure or would they all be roughly similar?

No. howeever a T80 is a mains fed shower and this heats cold water but relies on the pressure of the mains. The problem is these are not very reliable as Triton themselves will attest to.

Something to consider on chooseing showers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055553663

Have a look at the above link.... Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Hi, just replaced my old T90i with a T90z. Very easy job and set up was easy. My only problem is when the power button is off the shower head is still dripping. With all the water meter crap I wouldn`t want this all the time and I am sure its not supposed to be like this. Other that this problem seems a great replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Hi, just replaced my old T90i with a T90z. Very easy job and set up was easy. My only problem is when the power button is off the shower head is still dripping. With all the water meter crap I wouldn`t want this all the time and I am sure its not supposed to be like this. Other that this problem seems a great replacement

Possible solenoid problem in the new shower, if it persists make a service call on it as it will be covered by warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

Hi just letting you know , after a few more uses the shower has stopped dripping. Must have been a small bit of dirt stopping the valve from closing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

hi everybody very helpful thread.
    I bought a t90z and got a friend to install it. Wasn't too happy cause he didn't follow any of the instructions or read the installation manual - it's on me I know, I should have gotten a pro.
    Anyway it's making a crazy noise, the water is heating alright but the pressure is very very low.
    I know you probably can't get the same pressure you'd get with a power shower but a friend has a t90 as well and his pressure is pretty good so I want to get it checked by a professional.
    Same question as everyone else, will I call a plumber or an electrician? I'm not an expert but the plumbing seems fairly straightforward so I'm thinking an electrician?
    Also if anyone has any suggestions let them come, I've been having shower problems for ages and now i'm just completely fed up with it.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭richieburke01

Get a plumber to check it out first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

I bought a t90z and got a friend to install it. Wasn't too happy cause he didn't follow any of the instructions or read the installation manual - it's on me I know, I should have gotten a pro.
    Anyway it's making a crazy noise, the water is heating alright but the pressure is very very low.
    I know you probably can't get the same pressure you'd get with a power shower but a friend has a t90 as well and his pressure is pretty good so I want to get it checked by a professional.
    Same question as everyone else, will I call a plumber or an electrician? I'm not an expert but the plumbing seems fairly straightforward so I'm thinking an electrician?
    Also if anyone has any suggestions let them come, I've been having shower problems for ages and now i'm just completely fed up with it.
    thanks

Remove the shower head,turn the shower power selector to cold and turn the temp selector to 1
    Let hose hang in shower and turn it on let it run till you get a steady flow of water and a steady sound on the shower
    If that doesn't work call in someone probly plumber

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

Yes I have done all those things but the shower seems awful noisy anyway. I think I'll call a plumber tomorrow and get him to make sure it's been done properly.
    Thanks a lot everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just got one of these installed today from a proper plummer and he replaced a 6 year old Trition, the water pressure is definitely lower than its predecessor, would say up to 50 percent its pressure, but the plummer assured me that it was to be expected with the model. It is quite noisy as well and the previous model was quite noisy to, but its in a second story apartment and is mainly due to the pump and the shower not being on a solid wall from what I can gather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

thanks

If it's a new shower it's covered by the 2 year manufacturers warranty. Why would you call a plumber or electrician? They can't repair it for free only triton can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I just got a new Triton T90z...Have to say I am disappointed with it..I had the older model previously and they water pressure was so much better..We only replaced it because we were getting bathroom refitted..Our plumber did say that its to be expected with this model as its more 'eco-friendly'. I find it quite noisy too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Chickus wrote: »
    I just got a new Triton T90z...Have to say I am disappointed with it..I had the older model previously and they water pressure was so much better..We only replaced it because we were getting bathroom refitted..Our plumber did say that its to be expected with this model as its more 'eco-friendly'. I find it quite noisy too :(

You're plumber doesn't know what he is talking about I'm afraid. All 8.5kw electric showers have the same heat and the same pressure. The triton t90z is not & doesn't claim to be more eco friendly than earlier models.

Advertisement