Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor & SSD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You can be just unlucky with SSDs but it's a good idea to back up anything on them. It looks like an OK drive to upgrade an older system that just supports SATA II. If you thought that you were going to carry it to a newer system sometime soon or get a SATA 6Gbps card, I'd get a faster SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

Get the crucial m4 64gb if you're planning on purchasing a new good/reliable ssd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Just a side note: If you simply copied the image of whatever drive you were replacing to the SSD, that could cause problems. Have you tried the SSD in another machine as a data drive?

I did a fresh install with the SSD - windows 7.

When it started causing problems I did a re-install which I was barely able to complete. The drive was non responsive after that, it would load up, but everything took minutes to load instead of seconds.

Have you no other machine you can try the SSD in?

• Advertisement

I can possibly try it in the laptop... does it really matter though, its not working with the PC I got it for, and an older SSD works fine.

Never hurts to be thorough.

Advertisement