Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJA opening in Cavan

Options
  • 12-11-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

St John Ambulance are having an open night on Monday the 28th of November 8 to 10 pm in Tullacmongan Resource Centre Killmonney Drive Cavan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Just putting my tuppence worth in ;)

Best of luck to everyone involved in getting another Division of St.John Ambulance on the map. It's great to see expansion outside of the greater Dublin area :)

I'm sure that almost everyone will agree that a knowledge of first aid can be of huge benefit to those in need.

To the people of Cavan:

If you have a hour to spare on 28th, why not drop in and say hi to the guys. They'll give you a few tips on first aid, and just maybe they'll give you a cuppa as well :p

You never know the time or the place when you may need to use first aid, after all you can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I'm part of the organization and it's great to see it branching out. Best of luck to all involved in Cavan. It's definitely worth heading down for the info night, find out if its for you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

It's great to see st john expanding.... We're getting a bit like "shaw's" almost nation wide.....

Best of luck form st john dunshaughlin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

sgt.bilko wrote: »

To the people of Cavan:

If you have a hour to spare on 28th, why not drop in and say hi to the guys. They'll give you a few tips on first aid, and just maybe they'll give you a cuppa as well :p

You never know the time or the place when you may need to use first aid, after all you can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.

Best wishes to SJA Cavan. With the changes in the HSE Services across the NE region its great to see so many increasing opportunities for people to learn First Aid. Furthermore with the widespread availability of AEDs throughout the region it would be a shame if there was an incident where nobody knew how to use it.

For anybody in Cavan for whom that date doesnt suit please be aware that the Irish Red Cross are active in the Bailieboro and I think also in Ballina. Contact their head office as detailed here for more info.

Civil Defence (CD) are established throughout the county - with First Aid Classes weekly in Cavan (2), Blacklion and Gowra, Virginia, Stradone, Killinkere, Kingscourt, Milltown Drumlane, Cootehill and possibly Lavey. They also provide Boat Search & Rescue training, as well as heights rescue and have an Auxillary Fire Service.

For those on the fringes of the County there is active CD in Longford and in Carrickmacross in Monaghan, as well as Order of Malta and CD in Ardee. Red Cross are in Nobber. CD are in Kells and Oldcastle and East Longford. A list of Civil Defence officers can be found here. Contact them for information on the services in the relevant county.

The Order of Malta area also present in Cavan itself- Ballyjamesduff I think.

As Sgt. Bilko has said First Aid can actually make a huge difference. An off duty member of CD had a successful resuscitation with an AED in the Cootehill area, and an off duty Nurse and Firefighter also had a successful save in that area. The Red Cross in Monaghan also recently had a save with an AED at an event they were covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Information night was tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Outofthecity

The first group of volunteers passed their foundation level examination last night in Cavan . Well done to all involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Outofthecity

I believe they're on the look out for an ambulance ,any leads would be appreciated .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Good to see a voluntary organisation spreading its wings in this economic downturn. I would advise people in the area to join up because (I believe) members are allowed to do the first aid course for free, or at a discount, so when the economy picks up again, it would be good to be able to say you're a certified First Aid provider.

Advertisement