Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nando's

• 12-11-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Nando's should open in Limerick, there is a high demand including me!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

After my very first visit on Wednesday to a nandos, I wholeheartedly agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Could never get over how well the Nandos in Queen's Square did back in Liverpool. Their outlet in Liverpool One does great business as well. If the amount of Irish accents that get heard in the Liverpool Nandos is anything to go by, the Limerick one will do very well for itself.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Damn, I was hoping this thread was gonna say they WERE opening! :( oh well, one can hope!

+1 for Nando's Limerick anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

+1 for jobs for Limerick

-1 for Nandos menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Beer Baron wrote: »
    -1 for Nandos menu.
    Chicken + chips + chilli + Super Bock. What's not to like? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Homer Simpson himself would eat at Nandos!!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

i got ridiculously excited when i saw this post, then i went in and found out out it wasnt a nandos opening damn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

What's nandos? ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What's nandos? ??

Portuguese flame-grilled peri-peri chicken restaurant.

My mouth is watering just typing that^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

anytime i go to liverpool you gotta eat here
    screw ye guys when i saw this tread i thought twas opening in limerick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nando's is heavily over-rated. Very heavily over-rated.

How about a Wagamama restaurant?

Much nicer.

http://www.wagamama.ie/

You have to try the Katsu Chicken. They have a Wagamama in Cork and 2 in Dublin. Really good food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I'd love a GBK myself mmmm drools

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

listermint wrote: »
    Nando's is heavily over-rated. Very heavily over-rated.

Would agree with that, but it does savage business as a company, and as such I would love to see them open a branch in Limerick because I have no doubt that it would do well and keep a number of people in jobs.

From what I gather they have looked at Limerick a number of times as a location, with the rumoured locations that interested the company being the Parkway Valley project, the Crescent Shoppoing centre, and at one point the small unit in the Parkway retail Park that Captain Americas were also meant to be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

h3000 wrote: »

friend of mine from Dublin always talks about these two places saying she has to take me there next time im up, both Nandos and GBK, this thread has peaked my curiosity even more now, that good eh? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

xsiborg wrote: »
    friend of mine from Dublin always talks about these two places saying she has to take me there next time im up, both Nandos and GBK, this thread has peaked my curiosity even more now, that good eh? :)

I drove up to to Newbridge last Sunday solely to go to GBK. I love the place.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

I drove up to to Newbridge last Sunday solely to go to GBK. I love the place.

You get vouchers for GBK in Newbridge a lot on www.dealpage.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

xsiborg wrote: »

They live on 'dundrum hype' to be fair. Both are chains and the same food standard can be achieved elsewhere.

All i got was the hype from friends on these places and having tried both several times i still dont get it. I thought i may have gotten them wrong so went back.. no still dont get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Real Gourmet Burger (the original place) blows that copycat Gourmet Burger Kitchen place out of the water!

Arciphel wrote: »
    Real Gourmet Burger (the original place) blows that copycat Gourmet Burger Kitchen place out of the water!

Yep. I remember, when times were good, going to the place in Ballsbridge. Now that was a fine burger. Pricey but good for a treat once and a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

listermint wrote: »
    They live on 'dundrum hype' to be fair. Both are chains and the same food standard can be achieved elsewhere.

All i got was the hype from friends on these places and having tried both several times i still dont get it. I thought i may have gotten them wrong so went back.. no still dont get it.

It's not just me so. One of the lads has raved about nando's for years (he lived in leeds for a while) so when it opened in dundrum we were dragged along. I just don't get it. It's spicy grilled chicken. You can achieve the same at home with a sprinkle of all spice and a george foreman grill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

yes indeed, would much prefer GBK than nandos, oh well at lease we still have chicken hut........ :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

Id love to see a Hilbillys open in Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

theteal wrote: »
    It's not just me so. One of the lads has raved about nando's for years (he lived in leeds for a while) so when it opened in dundrum we were dragged along. I just don't get it. It's spicy grilled chicken. You can achieve the same at home with a sprinkle of all spice and a george foreman grill.

Or better still, buy a bottle of Nandos sauce in Tesco and pop it on the grill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

theteal wrote: »

Fools and their money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

It's basically chicken and chips and you pay the guts of 15 quid in dundrum.
    At least in the UK the price is a bit more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Arciphel wrote: »

GBK far pre-dates RGB, which was in fact a copy of the GBK chain that has existed for over a decade in the UK. (And coincidently now belongs to Nandos.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Id love to see a Hilbillys open in Limerick

Sure isn't the chicken hut the exact same! :D

Advertisement