Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I suppose , havent thought of it that way .. I take back what i said so :pac: , anywho its best the collection out february , gives me enough time to save money , best to keep mgs 2,3 in best condition ;)

Still have my copies of PS2 MGS2 and MGS3, as well as original MGS1 which I got as a birthday present a few years ago as I'd been looking for it everywhere (before I had the means to buy stuff off the internet). Going to keep them when the collection comes out as souvenirs (could buy MGS1 off PSN too). Hopefully get to replay MGS1 before the collection comes out, then practice what I preach and play them by order of release, even though I'll have to play through all the games to get to Peace Walker (which I've never played and am dying to as I've heard nothing but good things)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Penn wrote: »
    Still have my copies of PS2 MGS2 and MGS3, as well as original MGS1 which I got as a birthday present a few years ago as I'd been looking for it everywhere (before I had the means to buy stuff off the internet). Going to keep them when the collection comes out as souvenirs (could buy MGS1 off PSN too). Hopefully get to replay MGS1 before the collection comes out, then practice what I preach and play them by order of release, even though I'll have to play through all the games to get to Peace Walker (which I've never played and am dying to as I've heard nothing but good things)

Had mgs1 myself but a friend stole it from me and he claimed it went missing :mad:, was considering buying it on psn but not the same if ya dont own a copy of it , peace walker is amazing , was pretty close finishing it but it better with two analouge sticks than trying to aim with the square, x, triangle and circle button on the psp
    You shouldnt be dissapointed 4 player co op ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Well it's out to buy in the shops here since the start of the week, any ideas what Xbox360 prices Game/Gamstop/HMV or Smyths are charging for it?

(edit, just checked)

Game: €44.00
    GameStop: €39.97
    HMV:
    Smyths: €45
    Xtra-Vision: €39.99
    Play.com: €40.49
    Amazon.co.uk: €33.39 (converted from £27.91GBP)
    Gamsnash: €39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Arciphel wrote: »
    Well it's out to buy in the shops here from the start of the week, any ideas what prices Game/Gamstop/HMV or Smyths are charging for it?

I ordered online there on Saturday on Gamestop, 41eur including P+P. Bargain imho. Can't wait to get hold of it and play them to death again! With the added bonus of achievements. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Arciphel wrote: »
    Well it's out to buy in the shops here since the start of the week, any ideas what Xbox360 prices Game/Gamstop/HMV or Smyths are charging for it?

(edit, just checked)

Game: €44.00
    GameStop: €39.97
    HMV:
    Smyths: €45
    Xtra-Vision: €39.99
    Play.com: €40.49
    Amazon.co.uk: €33.39 (converted from £27.91GBP)
    Gamsnash: €39.99

That game stop price must be the online one no??? It was 49.99 when I checked the shop on Henry St. on friday. HMV was 39.99 in store.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    That game stop price must be the online one no??? It was 49.99 when I checked the shop on Henry St. on friday. HMV was 39.99 in store.

Yeah, that's the online GS price. S'what I paid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Is this avaliable in shops again? It was sold out everywhere I looked over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Shattered Dreamer

Those are definitely online prices because all the gaming stores I've seen it in it's €49.99. I would complain but I shelled out for it & I'm happy I did!

Started MGS2 yesterday & the amount of extras that it has is amazing. The trophies certainly enhance the experience too. The HD upgrade of the textures has been done really well & MGS2 looks on par with some 360 & PS3 games I've played! In MGS2 I've noticed they have changed colours on character models or added clearer logos (eg Pliskins headphone when Raiden meets him now bear the Sony logo) & the transition from day to night doesn't happen quite so suddenly & more gradually. My only criticism of HD upgrade is on facial movement. The character models mouths no longer fully sync up with the dialogue but to be honest it's a minor flaw.

Really want to play Peace Walker but I'm leaving it until I finish the story of MGS2 & MGS3.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The MGS games have always been poor for lip sync-ing, I think the lip sync was done for the Japanese dialouge. Probably more obvious at higher resolutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone want to do some peace walker co - op on PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

completely forgot i read about this last year!

delighted it came out for xbox as i havent played it since sons of liberty on the ps2

just made my first order from gamestop online. anyone reckon it'd be here for friday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

delighted it came out for xbox as i havent played it since sons of liberty on the ps2

just made my first order from gamestop online. anyone reckon it'd be here for friday :D

Anything I've ordered off them has taken 2 days , so I'd be hopeful.

Those are definitely online prices because all the gaming stores I've seen it in it's €49.99. I would complain but I shelled out for it & I'm happy I did!

Started MGS2 yesterday & the amount of extras that it has is amazing. The trophies certainly enhance the experience too. The HD upgrade of the textures has been done really well & MGS2 looks on par with some 360 & PS3 games I've played! In MGS2 I've noticed they have changed colours on character models or added clearer logos (eg Pliskins headphone when Raiden meets him now bear the Sony logo) & the transition from day to night doesn't happen quite so suddenly & more gradually. My only criticism of HD upgrade is on facial movement. The character models mouths no longer fully sync up with the dialogue but to be honest it's a minor flaw.

Really want to play Peace Walker but I'm leaving it until I finish the story of MGS2 & MGS3.

According to reviews, Peace Walkers up-ressing isn't as good as the others, understandably it was harder to up-res from PSP-HD rather than PS2-HD. But having never played Peace Walker, and not being a person to complain about graphics if the gameplay+story is good, it should be awesome.
    Azza wrote: »
    The MGS games have always been poor for lip sync-ing, I think the lip sync was done for the Japanese dialouge. Probably more obvious at higher resolutions.

Definitely. If you watch the codec conversations in any of the games, they're clearly done for the Japanese dialogue. But let's face it, if our only complaint is slightly off lip-synching I think we can count ourselves lucky. :D

If you ordered before close of business today, it should be with you by Friday. Anything I've ever ordered is either there on day of release for pre-orders, or two days for anything else.

Can't wait to get my hands on this. Haven't been able to play MGS since MGS3 since I converted to Xbox. A bit sickened that they didn't include the original MGS in it... even if they left it as the PS1 graphics. Would have been nice to get Guns of the Patriots as well, but I'm hopeful that that may come to 360 eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I picked this up for €34.99 in Tesco... Excellent price for bricks and mortar store imo.

I picked this up for €34.99 in Tesco... Excellent price for bricks and mortar store imo.

That's a brilliant price in fairness. Probably a loss-leader at that price but sure how bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That's a brilliant price in fairness. Probably a loss-leader at that price but sure how bad?

Even €40 is a great price for it, for the amount of game you're getting. My first playthrough of MGS3, I clocked in just under 25 hours due to an epic battle with The End. First time playing MGS2 was maybe 13 hours, and I don't know how long Peace Walker lasts.

Considering some single-player games are about 15 hours these days for €50, €35 is a f*cking steal for this.

Penn wrote: »
    Even €40 is a great price for it, for the amount of game you're getting. My first playthrough of MGS3, I clocked in just under 25 hours due to an epic battle with The End. First time playing MGS2 was maybe 13 hours, and I don't know how long Peace Walker lasts.

Considering some single-player games are about 15 hours these days for €50, €35 is a f*cking steal for this.

True that!

Oh, you just reminded me of The End.... that fecker was impossible!!! Had to use the cheat to defeat him ->
    changing the console date to a year in the future... Snake really made me feel bad about it though, he's on the radio all sad saying things like "Hmmm... he's.... dead?"
    ".......... He just wanted on more fight......"
    Talk about a guilt trip and a half!!!

And don't forget you get Metal Gear 1 and 2 throw into the bargain as well. :) Really can't wait to get my hands on this now...

EDIT: Don't know why I spoilered that.... better safe than sorry I guess. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You cheated on the End? He wasn't that tough and it was the highlight of the game, cheating past him is missing out.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You cheated on the End? He wasn't that tough and it was the highlight of the game, cheating past him is missing out.

I was about 12! Gimme a break! :\:\:\

Nah, tbh MGS3 was probably my least favourite. I'm not a fan of outdoor locations in games like that. And I sucked at using camo and stuff, so I kept getting killed.

I know I missed out though. I'm gonna try my hardest to defeat him honestly this time around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Best boss battle evar IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

And don't forget you get Metal Gear 1 and 2 throw into the bargain as well. :) Really can't wait to get my hands on this now...
    mgs 1 isnt part of the package

Helix wrote: »
    mgs 1 isnt part of the package

No, but Metal Gear is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

No, but Metal Gear is.

its mgs2, mgs3 and peace walker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

True that!

Oh, you just reminded me of The End.... that fecker was impossible!!! Had to use the cheat to defeat him ->
    changing the console date to a year in the future... Snake really made me feel bad about it though, he's on the radio all sad saying things like "Hmmm... he's.... dead?"
    ".......... He just wanted on more fight......"
    Talk about a guilt trip and a half!!!

EDIT: Don't know why I spoilered that.... better safe than sorry I guess. :pac:

I'm picking this up again solely to play the end. Amazing piece of gaming, and I've never had the same sense of accomplishment.

In anything :(

According to reviews, it includes both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 as part of MGS3:Subsistence.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 oJayTo

Yes and both metal gear 1 and 2 were on the MSX2

Different games to metal gear solid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

MG and MG2 are available in MGS3 as it is the Subsistance version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

The End is the highlight of the game especially on Euro Extreme, a great battle of wits.

It's a shame they didn't give us Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, miss the 300 virtual reality missions and the Skateboarding mini-game.

• johndoe99 wrote: »
    The End is the highlight of the game especially on Euro Extreme, a great battle of wits.

It's a shame they didn't give us Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, miss the 300 virtual reality missions and the Skateboarding mini-game.

Ehh unless your playing a different game the collection has MGS2 Substance..I was playing it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ehh unless your playing a different game the collection has MGS2 Substance..I was playing it last night.

Well my Metal Gear Solid 2 is "Sons of Liberty".

iove just noticed it has the VR missions, but its still called Sons of Liberty

Advertisement