Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

efla wrote: »
    Yes, I remember it had a bond-ish intro - was looking forward to seeing it again

I believe it's after the intro mission as the intro credits roll... But it's been about 4-5years since I've played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

there is an intro after the BluPointGames Logo appears, the Snake Eater song, it does have a kind of bond-ish look to it. Watching it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You have to complete the Virtuous Mission opening first, to get the SNAAAAAKE EEEAAAATEERR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Ah I see - I only had a quick impatient pop at it yesterday.

Something to look forward to for later - still impressed by how cinematic the MGS 2 intro is, so many years on

Haha, just took a look at the manual. Was really excited when I saw it (it's been ages since I got a game with a substantial booklet). Took a glance at the controls for MGS2, they've it put down as "Lefts Tick" and "Rights Tick", as well as "Startbu Tton.". How d'you even make that mistake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Quick question people, literally sat at the PS3 now, which one do I start with? Only pkayed 2 before, and the way they're coming up is in order of year...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Quick question people, literally sat at the PS3 now, which one do I start with? Only pkayed 2 before, and the way they're coming up is in order of year...

They are arranged chronologically in terms of the series mythology. If you want the story in order, start with snake eater. I'd imagine it might be worth playing them in order of release though - if you start with the 'first' (metal gear solid which is not included*) playing through the others progressively reveals different parts of the plot.

I'm not sure which way is best, as I've played them in order of release.

* Metal gear is first in order of release but might not be the best place to start in terms of gameplay

You're best to start with MGS2. Play them in order of release. If you start playing MGS3, and then go back to 2, you'll have to readjust to not having certain features which will make you frustrated. Playing them in order of release makes sense, because you progressively build up the features that were added, and plus, if they were meant to be played chronologically, they'd have been released chronologically imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just finished MGS2. Christ, Raiden was such a shít character.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just finished MGS2. Christ, Raiden was such a shít character.

I'm starting to agree.... I didn't mind him when I first played through it I didn't mind him.... but now he's really irritating.... "A BOMB? HOW MUCH TIME REMAINING? 400 SECONDS?????? I'M NO BOMB DISPOSAL EXPERT!!!" "You can do it Jack!! Oh, and I know you've just ran through a room filled with gas and are about to try and save the President, but I want to talk about our relationship, and oh, d'you remember what tomorrow is?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can't find a copy anywhere.
    Just been to Liffey valley (game and HMV) and Smyths and all sold out.
    Heading to Celbridge so will pop into Xtra Vision there

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'm starting to agree.... I didn't mind him when I first played through it I didn't mind him.... but now he's really irritating.... "A BOMB? HOW MUCH TIME REMAINING? 400 SECONDS?????? I'M NO BOMB DISPOSAL EXPERT!!!" "You can do it Jack!! Oh, and I know you've just ran through a room filled with gas and are about to try and save the President, but I want to talk about our relationship, and oh, d'you remember what tomorrow is?"
    That sounds more like Rose is annoying, not Raiden.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Which she is.

But so is he.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Didn't have it in Celbridge either. Gutted.
    I've all next week off work, had visions of myself completing all 3 games within the week, vegging out with cups of tea and packets or TUC crackers all over the place.

She is. Terribly. But the stuff in caps was an example of Raiden being a pansy, and I included the Rose bit because it's to further Raiden's character that she exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Didn't have it in Celbridge either. Gutted.
    I've all next week off work, had visions of myself completing all 3 games within the week, vegging out with cups of tea and packets or TUC crackers all over the place.

Have you tried a Tesco?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have you tried a Tesco?

I'm pretty sure Tesco have Tuc :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Love mgs2 but ya raiden is just annoying in comparison to snake, what was the logic in that atall. Always wanted to see shell 2 aswell that always annoyed me, god i love these games!

Stuck fighting the rays on hard mode, i know tis all timing but fairly tricky.

Tried peace walker, hate it. Pure cack, mgs1 or 4 would have made infinate more sense, way too different to the others..in a bad sense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Why wasn't MGS1 included in the HD Collection?
    Strange.

Could they even give MGS1 a HD remake? From what I remember, the characters in that game didn't even have eyes. Just a kind of darker polygon where they should be. Don't think their mouths moved either.

An MGS1 with modern day graphics would be great though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

chucktesta wrote: »
    Stuck fighting the rays on hard mode, i know tis all timing but fairly tricky.

It is timing, start off - middle lad - knee, face, right lad - knee, face, left lad - knee face, middle lad - knee, face, right lad - knee, face, left lad - knee face, middle lad knee, face, now move from middle of ring as this is when the middle ray will jump into ring with you.

Pick them off at your leisure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is Rose the one whose boobs you can shake in MGS4 by shaking the sixaxis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Pangea wrote: »
    Why wasn't MGS1 included in the HD Collection?
    Strange.

cause its available to download on PSN, and i hear they've made a fortune from downloads.

I would like to have had it on the disc as well, they can keep peace walker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

J. Marston wrote: »
    Could they even give MGS1 a HD remake? From what I remember, the characters in that game didn't even have eyes. Just a kind of darker polygon where they should be. Don't think their mouths moved either.

An MGS1 with modern day graphics would be great though.

They did a few years ago for the game cube or something, jusy look up mgs1 remake on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

chucktesta wrote: »
    They did a few years ago for the game cube or something, jusy look up mgs1 remake on youtube.

Yup, that was Twin Snakes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Am I the only one here who hated Raiden less, the more he played?
    I mean the first like 3 times I hates the whiney bastard, but maybe my 5th playthrough and I was all like, "yeah, dudes got some issues, still murders like a baws though."

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I always felt Raiden had to prove himself to all the critics. So when he kicks some arse, especially in Manhattan, ya feel mission accomplished for his self-esteem!

Anybody? Anybody? Just me so :P

No, he's a whiny little bitch. How the hell am I supposed to believe that pretty-boy was some murderous child soldier?!

They made him kinda bad-ass in MGS4 but they basically had to turn him into a cyborg ninja to achieve that. Awful character in MGS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

The controls are terrible (in mgs3, haven't tried mgs2), they could of updated them to mgs4's. Like not being able to move when aiming down the sights, shooting is pressure sensitive, not being able to move when crouching.
    Can't even sneak up on someone using the analog stick, have to use the d-pad. Arggh

I loved this game but it's very frustrating trying to play it now

• Advertisement

The controls are terrible (in mgs3, haven't tried mgs2), they could of updated them to mgs4's. Like not being able to move when aiming down the sights, shooting is pressure sensitive, not being able to move when crouching.
    Can't even sneak up on someone using the analog stick, have to use the d-pad. Arggh

I loved this game but it's very frustrating trying to play it now

I'm not liking the controls in 2... they moved first person view to RB, and have made it so that to use the freeze spray you've to use the analog. Amongst other changes.... or else I just don't remember the original's being that irritating.

Advertisement