Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't even sneak up on someone using the analog stick, have to use the d-pad. Arggh

Is that why i can't do it??? I just thought i had to wait to find some special quieter boots or something!!! Fook sake!

Also, is there anywhere i can get another supressor for the tranq gun? I accidently broke mine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Is that why i can't do it??? I just thought i had to wait to find some special quieter boots or something!!! Fook sake!

Also, is there anywhere i can get another supressor for the tranq gun? I accidently broke mine...

Yup, you walk slower with the d-pad than you can with the analog sticks.

You can find suppressors and get them from guards when you mug them, I think. Replace it by pressing O when you hold L2 for the weapon selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Is that why i can't do it??? I just thought i had to wait to find some special quieter boots or something!

if you get the Sorrow's camo 'Spirit', no enemies can hear your footsteps.

Ok, finished Snake Eater and it was a good game in fairness. I really didn't give it a go when i first got it back on PS2, but it has already made the HD collection worth the money.

Right now, i'm about 5 hours into Peace Walker, and i'm liking that too. Very different to Snake Eater, and the mini-management is done very well, considering it could have broken the game for me.

Just one question though. How the hell do i equip the support supply markers? I have them unlocked (R&D Level 9 needed, i'm Level 14), but anytime i go to mission prep they're nowhere to be found. Not in the item lists, or in the weapon lists. I know they're under placeable weapons, but i can't find them. Fookin annoying, as i keep running out of Fultons and had to leave 2 POW's behind in the last mission.

On a side note, i don't like the way the game is constantly trying to get me to use co-op. Is there an option to completely disbale it so i don't have to keep selecting "Single player" for each mission? I'm not even connected to the interwebz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok, finished Snake Eater and it was a good game in fairness. I really didn't give it a go when i first got it back on PS2, but it has already made the HD collection worth the money.

Right now, i'm about 5 hours into Peace Walker, and i'm liking that too. Very different to Snake Eater, and the mini-management is done very well, considering it could have broken the game for me.

Just one question though. How the hell do i equip the support supply markers? I have them unlocked (R&D Level 9 needed, i'm Level 14), but anytime i go to mission prep they're nowhere to be found. Not in the item lists, or in the weapon lists. I know they're under placeable weapons, but i can't find them. Fookin annoying, as i keep running out of Fultons and had to leave 2 POW's behind in the last mission.

On a side note, i don't like the way the game is constantly trying to get me to use co-op. Is there an option to completely disbale it so i don't have to keep selecting "Single player" for each mission? I'm not even connected to the interwebz!

The support markers are in the weapons section not the supplies section which im guessing is where you are looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, I'm on Peace Walker now. I was a little wary at first and wasn't sure if I'd like the whole managing an army thing but I'm getting into it now. Good game.

calex71 wrote: »
    The support markers are in the weapons section not the supplies section which im guessing is where you are looking.

Yup, looking in there. I can see them in the R&D section on Mother Base, and it is unlocked, but when i go to mission prep and into the weapons side it's nowhere to be found. The only placeable weapon i can pick is the C4...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yup, looking in there. I can see them in the R&D section on Mother Base, and it is unlocked, but when i go to mission prep and into the weapons side it's nowhere to be found. The only placeable weapon i can pick is the C4...

I'm not 100% but it could be listed under throwable, ele go in to the last tab on the right that lists everything maybe. Has it actually finished being R&D'd cant remember if it's given or has to be developed.

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% but it could be listed under throwable, ele go in to the last tab on the right that lists everything maybe. Has it actually finished being R&D'd cant remember if it's given or has to be developed.

Tried all that, but just after the mission to breast the t72 tank, out was there to be selected!? Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

HD collection just arrived this morning, have to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re finish 1, then its on to 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Finished MGS 2 about a week back, thoroughly enjoyed it, but like others said...controls are absolute shyte. Seriously, how did we ever put up with that "back in the day"? Call of Duty controls (with regards a first person view) have set the standard now.

MGS 3 is excellent, though am I the only one who finds the Codec in this one a barren waste land for information? Jesus, in no.2 they would give you hints/tips in a boss fight or the possible location of the required item etc where as in this one its all about bloody movies or they just repeat the last conversation. Dissapointing.

Also, not liking the boss battles as much. The Pain, The Fear and Volgin are all a bit boring compared to Fatman, Vamp and Solidus. Not as much character either.

Ah who am I to complain, they are well worth the €50 quid I paid and its not often you say that these days.

In the words of one of my favourite bosses "Laugh...and grow FAT!"

:pac:

johndoe99 wrote: »
    if you get the Sorrow's camo 'Spirit', no enemies can hear your footsteps.

This I did not know. Cant I just sprint up behind them so?! Any other advantages to the other boss camo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Also, not liking the boss battles as much. The Pain, The Fear and Volgin are all a bit boring compared to Fatman, Vamp and Solidus. Not as much character either.

I respectfully disagree!

noodler wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree!

I respectfully disregard your disagreement! :p

The Pain is possible one of the worst bosses throughout the series, come on...at least give me that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, I loved the boss battles in MGS3. The Pain is a bit crap but the rest are cool. Especially The End, a big-ass sniper battle in a huge forest. I remember the first time I fought him, it took me well over an hour to beat him but it wasn't boring at all.

Plus the last boss battle is epic...
    I CQC'd her to death, gave her a taste of her own medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, I loved the boss battles in MGS3. The Pain is a bit crap but the rest are cool. Especially The End, a big-ass sniper battle in a huge forrest. I remember the first time I fought him, it took me well over an hour to beat him but it wasn't boring at all.

The End is the most epic boss battle I've ever come across. Same as you, took over an hour to beat him first time, and on one playthrough I was trying to beat him by stamina depletion, which took almost two hours because he kept regenerating it if I spent too long trying to find him.

Rarely feel such tension in a game as when you think you're tracking him, start searching for him, next thing the camera switches to the scope of his gun and you're in the crosshairs :D. Best boss battle ever.
    The Boss is great too. never been able to fully CQC her to beat her though. Played through the game about 2 weeks ago and was about to run out of time due to the time limit on the fight. When the song got to the end "Snake Eateerrrrr DUN DUN DU-DUUUUHHHHH", She started running between cover and I somehow managed a perfect shot with the tranq gun to finish her off, right in the dying seconds of the fight.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, MGS3 is the best game I've ever played

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

Ahh been caught out with the lack of auto save on this a good few times now, i keep just assuming it auto saves when areas change.

Alass ive played many a area twice over..

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah, I loved the boss battles in MGS3. The Pain is a bit crap but the rest are cool. Especially The End, a big-ass sniper battle in a huge forest. I remember the first time I fought him, it took me well over an hour to beat him but it wasn't boring at all.

The End is a great boss, haven't seen a similar type of battle throughout any other game. I did'nt know you could be captured and have to make your way back to the forest! How cool is that?

To go back on my earlier post...its not that playing through the boss battles in MGS 3 is poor, they are quite exciting but the characters just don't have as much depth or background as those in the other series.

For instance, Fortune was a great character in MGS 2, with a fantastic storyline to back it up. Compare that to The Pain or The Fear and it just isnt quite the same. They are mere obstacles rather than a part of the storyline you genuinely want to know about/keep listening to information about on the codec.

Advertisement