Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

right of way

• 12-11-2011 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

what is the story on the new right of way laws did they come into play yet or whats the story or what do u do to find out how to do away with them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

We have a right of way through our land. It's basically an old mass path. It's on the Ordinance Survey map. Once one person uses the path, at least once a year, then the right of way is kept open. That has always been my understanding anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

leoch wrote: »
    what is the story on the new right of way laws did they come into play yet or whats the story or what do u do to find out how to do away with them

There are supposed to be changes to the legislation, in relation to rights of way, sometime this month. I recall reading that a shake up was on the way, and to get any rights of way ironed out before the new legislation.

That's as much as I can tell you now. It doesn't effect me so I didn't absorb all the info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

i would be very interested too know the exact info myself as i have ano. of rights of way i use often.perhaps sumone with alegal bckground AND GOOD KNOWLEDGE of the changes regarding rights of way could post straight forward info on same.and yes i intend too seek legal advice myself 1st hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71780126

This was the original thread I think.

According to the Farming Indo article, it comes into effect on the 30th Nov 2012

Advertisement