Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan of tropical aquarium

• 12-11-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭

This may be a long shot but I am looking to borrow a small - medium tropical aquarium with heater & filter for a few weeks as I need to strip my main tank back to the beginning and start again, however I have about 6 fish in there that I need to put in a temporary tank while I re-set up my main tank.

I am in the Waterford area. Would really appreciate it if someone who had something like this in a shed or garage could help me out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ive had problems with my tank springing leaks. While the tank is being re-sealed, i stick the fish into plastic container i got in tesco ardkeen. Its about 120l box with a lid. Think i paid abou 12e for it. Does the job until my proper tank is back in working order again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

We have a tropical tank with 4 fellas on it. If you want then you can leave your lads here for a little holiday until your sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

This may be a long shot but I am looking to borrow a small - medium tropical aquarium with heater & filter for a few weeks as I need to strip my main tank back to the beginning and start again, however I have about 6 fish in there that I need to put in a temporary tank while I re-set up my main tank.

I am in the Waterford area. Would really appreciate it if someone who had something like this in a shed or garage could help me out.

how come ya have to strip ya main tank if i can ask ,,?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

I didn't take care of it as I should have and I need to start all over again which means stripping out the tank of the fish, ornaments and stones and setting up again. This will take about 2-3 weeks I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

all you need to do is water change maybe 50% first and do a 25% the following wk and so on till its sorted,if you go at the stones and ornaments and filter you will kill of all the friendly bacteria that help your fish live and that will set you back 2 or 3 months even more as you will be starting from scratch again,invest in a bottle of melafix aswell,its good stuff and good for preventative matinence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

I have a 15G here doing nothing. Can lend you a heater too.
    Fraid I haven't got a spare filter though, so you'll have to sort that elsewhere, or do daily water changes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

SheFiend wrote: »
    I have a 15G here doing nothing. Can lend you a heater too.
    Fraid I haven't got a spare filter though, so you'll have to sort that elsewhere, or do daily water changes :)

Hi Shefiend, many thanks for your kind offer but I have sorted it out in the meantime, turns out a friend of mine had recently decommissioned his tropical tank so he donated it for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Ah grand job. Best of luck with cleaning the tank! I imagine you're going to be scrubbing algae and such - I don't envy you

Advertisement