Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you have more than 1 Bill Contract in Same name

Options
  • 12-11-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi all

Question - I am moving over to billpay after 10 years on PAYG 02 - Getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 and want the best deal with unlimited calls/text/lots of data.

The best deal as far as I can tell is Emobile's €64 a month (free phone) if you are an eircom customer, i'm not but my old man is.

He is with vodafone currently, bog standard old phone, old school deal not going to move - Can (with his permission) I take up this emobile deal under his name? I will pay him monthly but my number from O2 porting across?

Is that possible? if not i think i'm looking at either the Meteor €85 a month unlimited deal (phone free, €75 for first 12 months online) or the tesco mobile deal?? although never heard of them and doesn't look like you can data roam/roam in general well with them so not sure about them...exeperiences people?

So can an individual hold more than 1 bill pay contract under same name, am i breaking any rules here?

Cheers for the help

loosecannon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Hi all

Question - I am moving over to billpay after 10 years on PAYG 02 - Getting the Samsung Galaxy S2 and want the best deal with unlimited calls/text/lots of data.

The best deal as far as I can tell is Emobile's €64 a month (free phone) if you are an eircom customer, i'm not but my old man is.

He is with vodafone currently, bog standard old phone, old school deal not going to move - Can (with his permission) I take up this emobile deal under his name? I will pay him monthly but my number from O2 porting across?

Is that possible? if not i think i'm looking at either the Meteor €85 a month unlimited deal (phone free, €75 for first 12 months online) or the tesco mobile deal?? although never heard of them and doesn't look like you can data roam/roam in general well with them so not sure about them...exeperiences people?

So can an individual hold more than 1 bill pay contract under same name, am i breaking any rules here?

Cheers for the help

loosecannon

I highly doubt you would be breaking any rules, but am I right in thinking that the reason you want to take it out in his name is because you want to avail of the eircom discount? If so, then you don't have to put the emobile contract in his name. After keying in your eircom account details, their website will give you the option to put the contract in your dad's name or to change it to your own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

thanks for the reply

yeah i obviously want to avail of the discount! that's brilliant if true, i can just fill in his name and customer account details and then put the phone in my name? u think that is true? i hope so!

people's thoughts on emobile? i know their customer service is poor at best! what is their data and coverage like? all good in dublin/surrounding areas...

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

thanks for the reply

yeah i obviously want to avail of the discount! that's brilliant if true, i can just fill in his name and customer account details and then put the phone in my name? u think that is true? i hope so!

It's definitely true...I did it recently :D

Advertisement