Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCabes pharmacy - amusing price difference...

Options
  • 12-11-2011 9:20pm
    Site Banned Posts: 67 ✭✭

Not so much a rip off as an amusing/confusing story.

So I'm in McCabes pharmacy today in Clare Hall to buy some Halls Soothers. I go for 1 pack of Strawberry & 1 pack of Blackcurrant.

I notice the Strawberry scans as 99c, and the Blackcurrant as 89c. Eh? So I said it to the lady at the counter - she double-checked & confirmed the prices were correct.

So... if you like Strawberry flavour, you pay 10c more! And it's the exact same product! :confused: Pic attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This is not much different than supermarkets having varying prices for coca-cola soft drinks with different flavours. It could be the manufacturer or wholesaler charging different prices. It could be older stock they want rid of.

Some flavours seemingly do cost more to produce, I get flavours for protein milkshakes and some cost more from the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I guess strawberrys are more expensive than blackberries to buy for the manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

I guess strawberrys are more expensive than blackberries to buy for the manufacturer.

:rolleyes: you mean what ever E chemicals taste like strawberries and blackberries

Advertisement