If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freesat and mpeg4 in a tv

Options
  • 12-11-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Looking for a 32-37inch hd lcd or plasma tv with both freesat and mpeg4 for saorview, the mheg5 is not that important. Delivered to Cork?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jharr100 wrote: »
    Looking for a 32-37inch hd lcd or plasma tv with both freesat and mpeg4 for saorview, the mheg5 is not that important. Delivered to Cork?

Not much choice anymore I'm afraid...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/panasonic/viera-txl32dt30/pana-txl32dt30

£549.95.... and it's not Saorview certified, but it does work at the moment no problem....

in 37" its £719.95 oncluding a free Blu-ray DVD player..

Thanks again and drop me a line if I can assist in anyway..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Ok,
    It Doesn't need to be 3D ,
    Is this the only option at the moment?
    How much is shipping to the south?
    Thanks...

Not much choice anymore I'm afraid...

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/panasonic/viera-txl32dt30/pana-txl32dt30

£549.95.... and it's not Saorview certified, but it does work at the moment no problem....

in 37" its £719.95 oncluding a free Blu-ray DVD player..

Thanks again and drop me a line if I can assist in anyway..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ok,
    It Doesn't need to be 3D ,
    Is this the only option at the moment?
    How much is shipping to the south?
    Thanks...

Jharr,
    I know it sounds crazy but it's the only one I can lay my grubbies on at the moment - Freesat HD for such a great system is being ignored by most TV manufacturers this season especially at the budget to mid price level.

Shipping would be £24.95 to TPR..

You could always add a separate Freesat HD set top box or recorder to any MPEG4 TV and of course that will work as well and possibility offer you increased flexability and features..

Thanks again for the enquiry and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

Thanks,

I am looking for a tv with freesat & saorview in one because its for an elderly lady who is finding it difficult to switch between channels in the sat/terrestrial combo box she has.
    Its difficult to tick all the boxes really in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

It's not easy to source at the moment as the range of freesat models isn't great at the moment.

Is the Panasonic out of the price range ?

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.