Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posting to Italy from Ireland

• 12-11-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

Hey I've just posted a game just 7 days ago and it has not arrived to the buyer from eBay. It was posted by An Post as Standard delivery and how long do they take to deliver? I'm starting to get worried about my package that it is lost somewhere..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

took about a week based on my previous experiences

can take a week and a bit in remote areas

if you sent it registered you shouldn't have any probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Italy has, in my experience, a Third World postal system and I have my eBay sales set to exclude bidders from there, along with Spain, Eastern Europe etc. Just my tuppence worth. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Same here - would not post to Italy , as it is touch and go.

Strict customs as well as inferior postal system .

If its value is in excess of say 20 euros , it should be registered at least , and ensure the buyer is paying the full postage cost .

Spain and Canada are similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I see and sadly it is valued €22.00 and not registered so lets hope it arrives soonish. Next time I'm gonna exclude Italy off the list as it is very unreliable.

Also how do I get my post registered by An Post? go in and get it done?

• Advertisement

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Also how do I get my post registered by An Post? go in and get it done?

You pay extra at the counter and get a numbered receipt. Any post office can do for you. Pick up a postal charges booklet while you're there - indispensable for eBay. :)

You pay extra at the counter and get a numbered receipt. Any post office can do for you. Pick up a postal charges booklet while you're there - indispensable for eBay. :)
    Pretty straight forward so next time I shall do this option for European buyers.

Its been over 2 weeks now and anything I can do to see whats going on?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Its been over 2 weeks now and anything I can do to see whats going on?

nope

Mactard wrote: »
    nope
    Heh but if the buyer goes into the post office I'd say he get feck all in there too..

By the way if I get a negative for this would this affect my selling chances?

• Advertisement

Heh but if the buyer goes into the post office I'd say he get feck all in there too..

By the way if I get a negative for this would this affect my selling chances?

Of course and if you only have a small number of transactions it will look worse on your feedback.

Taken from Yahoo answers :
    There are several problems with shipping to Italy.
    Customs laws are especially restrictive. For example, footwear and clothing cannot be shipped there.
    Nor can toys not made entirely of wood. The list is extensive.
    Also, customs is known to be a sort of giant black hole - think enter customs but never leave.
    The loss rate can be especially high for some types of goods. Given the problems, it is not unusual for a retailer simply not to ship to Italy.

My tip : Avoid Italy

link :
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090511174818AA31SP5

Of course and if you only have a small number of transactions it will look worse on your feedback.
    Well if this doesn't go through I guess I just delete the account and start over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If they buyer says anything or starts to dispute, refund him immediately. Better to lose a few euro than risk your rep.

Also, as others have said, avoid Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tippgal84

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how I could get just 2 cases of wine from Lenno Italy to Ireland? Online quotes are 250 -300 euros.

Thanks in advance

tippgal84 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how I could get just 2 cases of wine from Lenno Italy to Ireland? Online quotes are 250 -300 euros.

Thanks in advance

Don't know where the last 5 years have gone since last post in this thread , but anyway if you buying the onus should be on the seller to deliver.

Try www.tpn.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD:Thread is 5 years old, I'm closing it, if you want open a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement