Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to pierce next?

Options
  • 12-11-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

:D Half price piercings in Snakebite for the month of November! :D
    I've wanted to get something new for a while, but couldn't decide what. The bargain price has made me put my thinking cap on now so I can hopefully take advantage, but I still don't know what I want!

So I have: lobes, septum, tragus, nape, nipple, VCH.

Have no interest in getting my face / mouth / tongue / ears / bellybutton / other nipple / labia done. Probably not a chest piercing either as I don't want scars here later. Not too bothered about eventual scars in other places though.

I'm thinking it's probably going to be a surface bar, but I've asked a piercer a while back what piercings heal well, and I seem to have them all already!

Had a wrist piercing for about 6 months, and loved it, but it rejected due to stress. Now I'm in a swimming club so could be a bit dangerous to have something like this at the moment. Also work with my hands, so they're out.

Could possibly get another nape piercing, or two and make a "necklace" but I'd kind of prefer to try something new. Anyone have other neck piercings? Maybe around the side or something? Are those vampire bites looking ones dangerous / near veins? I wouldn't go for the one in the middle of the front of the neck (madson?) And microdermals kind of seem like a waste of time :(

So does anyone have a surface bar (or other piercing) that is not quite the usual, and healed well? Pain is no object! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am in the same boat! Heard about the half price and just thought MOAR HOLES! I want a VCH but I'm moving away in about 6 weeks so don't want to be out of action for the last 6 weeks with my boyfriend :pac:

I don't want to get anything to showy, think I'll get a third pair in my lobes and maybe a helix or something. I have a left tragus and a right rook. Would love something a bit cool though! Not too interested in surface piercings though.

Its tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I was thinking of getting a reverse PA and this may just be the time ;)

Also thinking of getting nipples but unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Princess Peach, the VCH only takes about 3 weeks to heal (all going well), and you could be back in the saddle sooner than that if you're in good health, it heals well, and you're not too vigorous ;) Get it get it get it!
    Although if you're going abroad in less than 3 months Snakebite won't be keen to pierce you, incase any waterborne nasties interfere with your healing. If you're going somewhere you're used to the water, shouldn't be a problem though.

Topcatcbr, I'm probably not a good candidate for a reverse PA :p but I love my nipple piercing. I wish I had a more concrete wishlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Crosses in the nips!

Princess Peach, the VCH only takes about 3 weeks to heal (all going well), and you could be back in the saddle sooner than that if you're in good health, it heals well, and you're not too vigorous ;) Get it get it get it!
    Although if you're going abroad in less than 3 months Snakebite won't be keen to pierce you, incase any waterborne nasties interfere with your healing. If you're going somewhere you're used to the water, shouldn't be a problem though.

Topcatcbr, I'm probably not a good candidate for a reverse PA :p but I love my nipple piercing. I wish I had a more concrete wishlist!

My boyfriend is too careful about these things, gonna wait till I'm away and can heal in peace :pac:

Kinda want an orbital in my helix, but they are tough to hide. Damn dreams of professional work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

No crosses for me! Had the same nipple pierced twice, and it hurt like hell the second time cos it was really slow going through scar tissue. I suppose I should be glad my nerves healed up well! But that's the last time I stick needles through my right nipple :p

And I kind of like having a "plain" one! Gives ya more options! ;)

Well got nipples done yesterday. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Now just hoping they don't reject. I think they look nice. Glad I did it as I wasn't sure. Nothing like a good discount to motivate :-P.

Girlfriend got nipples done yesterday. Nice :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Kinda want an orbital in my helix, but they are tough to hide. Damn dreams of professional work :(

Go for blackline jewellery. It wouldn't be as noticeable then especially if you have long hair.

As for a surface piercing you can technically speaking get them anywhere you want but anywhere that has a lot of movement will more than likely cause rejection. I'd say nape would be your best bet if you want a surface piercing.

I didn't get anything pierced in the end. Was in Dublin last weekend but was worried about the amount of alcohol in my system for the 3 days :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement