Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing wallet in rush area

Options
  • 12-11-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

hi i believe i lost my wallet in rush on convent lane in rush between 1 and 1.30 today. opposite st josephs school.
    it contained my learners permit with my name and pic :Shane Halpin
    its a black "billabong" wallet and has yellow writing on it.
    any help would be very usefull as i need the leaners permit for my driving test next week.
    thanks Shane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Knock into a few of the surrounding houses. A resident might have picked it up. If they didn't then one of the kids from the school did in which case any money is gone and the wallet ditched. Try the school as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Knock into a few of the surrounding houses. A resident might have picked it up. If they didn't then one of the kids from the school did in which case any money is gone and the wallet ditched. Try the school as well

Have you no faith in the kids about today? Most of them, in fact the vast majority are very good kids. If someone did pick it up maybe it was a pensioner stuck for a few €uro or someone with a household bill which is overdue!!!

I would suggest the op calls into a few shops and possibly if contact was made with the school they would ask over the intercom or announce it at assembley. There are plenty of good kids down there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I said "try the school as well," to cover the possibility of a 'good kid' picking up the wallet. Put your sword back in it's scabbard.

And don't be goin' on about pensioner's being stuck for a few euro or someone's bill needing to be paid. That's not helping the OP. Like they give a crap about the reasons people have for pocketing his or her money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

. If they didn't then one of the kids from the school did in which case any money is gone and the wallet ditched. Try the school as well

I would take that as meaning if a kid picked it up say goodbye to your money and thats a little unfair on the good kids around Rush who happen to be in a very big majority IMO
    (You said try the school aswell after the line which I have in bold above)
    I said "try the school as well," to cover the possibility of a 'good kid' picking up the wallet. Put your sword back in it's scabbard.

And don't be goin' on about pensioner's being stuck for a few euro or someone's bill needing to be paid. That's not helping the OP. Like they give a crap about the reasons people have for pocketing his or her money.

I was pointing out there are a number of reasons why a number of people could pick it up and pocket cash if there was cash in it. Not only young people steal and decent people have turned to scamming and other means due to the situations a lot find themselves in.

I did suggest going to the school and maybe it could be announced over the intercom at assembly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi OP - I hope you get your wallet back.

Closed.

tHB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement