Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Next gen broadband?no difference

• 12-11-2011 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I recently was upgraded to up to 24mb next gen bb from regular bb
    and i have noticed no difference at all .My speed test still 15mb which it was before but my actual dl speed is still 1.5 mb per sec at the most .Am I supposed to see a difference?With all the build up i thought there would be something.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

disher wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently was upgraded to up to 24mb next gen bb from regular bb
    and i have noticed no difference at all .My speed test still 15mb which it was before but my actual dl speed is still 1.5 mb per sec at the most .Am I supposed to see a difference?With all the build up i thought there would be something.

cheers

NGN will make no difference if your line is in poor condition (noise on the line, due to poor condition of junction boxes, etc), or you are too far from the exchange

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You were on ADSL2+ before if you had 15mbit and now you are on ADSL2+. ADSL2+ is a technology from the mid noughties and fully standardised around 7 years back.

If you believe that a 7 year old technology is 'Next Generation' then do remember .....that is what eircom want you to believe.

So congratulations are in order. :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The difference is you now have a bandwidth cap :pac: . NGB is a joke as the majority of people won't get anywhere near 24meg, and most of the time a marginal increase or none at all!

Nick

Advertisement